“Didn't live up to the hype”
Review of Metro Diner

Metro Diner
Ranked #9 of 646 Restaurants in Gainesville
Reviewed May 17, 2018

This place always seems to be busy on the weekends and long lines aren't unusual. Finally went there with my bride and mother-in-law. The staff was very accommodating, the atmosphere and décor said "diner' but our food was, in a word, underwhelming. My bride ordered a burger, which didn't come cooked to her specification and the smoked bacon overwhelmed all other flavors, according to her. My mother-in-law and I had the chicken pot pies, that were supposedly "homemade."
I don't think so, Tim....
The vegetables were either uniformly diced by a perfectionist...or they had used frozen mixed vegetables, with the same items you would find in average everyday frozen vegetables, i.e. peas, corn, carrots, green beans and lima beans. The chicken appeared to be processed deli chicken that was very small and again, very evenly diced. Although adequate, I was disappointed in this item. A competitor (which shall remain nameless) offers a much better executed and tasty chicken pot pie...at the same price.
I am willing to give this place a second chance to see if this was an unfortunate fluke...but they had better deliver the goods or I'll go elsewhere.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

Metro Diner is a great option when you are looking for something other than fast food, but can't really decide what you do want. They have a great variety, are moderately priced with a large selection to suit everyone. The staff is friendly and helpful. I definitely would recommend this location.

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Busy diner but they were on top of it. Service was great, food was delicious, and we were in and out in no time. I would highly recommend this place for breakfast.

Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for breakfast and the food was tasty, portions were huge and service was quick. Hash browns were my favorite shredded kind. Coffee was just okay - needs to be richer tasting. Prices are higher than should be for breakfast. Maybe slightly smaller portions and smaller prices? We couldn’t finish our meals.

Reviewed April 29, 2018

I love eating breakfast here when I am in Gainesville. Fast and friendly service and delicious food.