“An Acutal Authentic Mexican Restuarant”
Review of Los Magueyes

Los Magueyes
Ranked #13 of 370 Restaurants in Hialeah
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 22, 2018

I'm not sure if I have really ever said a Mexican restaurant in the states was Authentic, especially visiting Mexico many time, but I can say this is about as close as it gets. Located in a strip mall, this small quaint little restaurant is decorated as one would expect for an authentic Mexican restaurant.

Our server was very attentive and friendly. Actually everyone we encountered was very pleasant. The two types of salsa we received with chips were very good, especially the green (hot) salsa.

I ordered the burrito with my usual modifications of no cheese or meat. She was happy to accommodate my needs...and it was delicious.

I just wish they had draft beer, but I made due with Negro Modelo.

We would certainly return to Los Magueyes.

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

One of my favorite Mexican spots in Miami Lakes. If you're in the mood for authentic Mexican food that's the spot. Small space with limited seating but the atmosphere is always welcoming and home like to me. Feels like and I'm in my mom's kitchen eating good old Mexican food. Do yourself a favor and give this spot a chance.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

I have been so looking for a good Mexican place in South Florida (20 years). I had a co-worker suggest to go here. It is a strip mall. A small "hole in the wall". They only have 10 tables or so. They do have beer. The chicken mole was great. Not spicy, you have hints of pepper and chocolate. The chicken was moist and tasted great. The refried beans though had little flavor.
The service was good. The prices are reasonable.
I will have to go back and try something else before I am converted.

Reviewed June 25, 2017

Love the unlimited chips & salsa and the authentic Mexican beverages. The nacho appetizer with steak was amazing! Everything else was just okay, a little on the bland side.

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

My wife wanted to have Mexican food and a margarita to celebrate the day. The reviews looked good so we decided to give them a try - a mistake.
They anticipated a large crowd and had tables set-up outside, the only place to sit. With strong winds and threatening rain this was not pleasant. The music was blaring and we went far away from the speakers. The menu was limited to tacos. We ordered several along with the Margarita and a beer. They didn't have Corona Light so I ordered a different beer. Both drinks came in Corona Light plastic cups - go figure. My wife said her drink tasted like medicine.
The tacos were ok, but there was only a few chopped onions and cilantro to dress them - no salsa or sauce. All the other tables got chips and salsa - not us. I never had Mexican food without chips. We waited for a long time to finally get the check. They added a gratuity (which I'm sure was not noticed by others). I was tipping 30% anyway.
They blew an opportunity to show their restaurant and we won't be back.