“Little good place”

Los Magueyes
Ranked #13 of 400 Restaurants in Hialeah
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

this place is little but its good and it has good service! carne asada nachos are the bomb... love the way they lay each chip nicely so you can actually enjoy each one!
chips and salsa are so yummy
Enchiladas suizas r the bomb !! little hidden place that good and quick

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed April 22, 2018

I'm not sure if I have really ever said a Mexican restaurant in the states was Authentic, especially visiting Mexico many time, but I can say this is about as close as it gets. Located in a strip mall, this small quaint little restaurant is decorated as one would expect for an authentic Mexican restaurant.

Our server was very attentive and friendly. Actually everyone we encountered was very pleasant. The two types of salsa we received with chips were very good, especially the green (hot) salsa.

I ordered the burrito with my usual modifications of no cheese or meat. She was happy to accommodate my needs...and it was delicious.

I just wish they had draft beer, but I made due with Negro Modelo.

We would certainly return to Los Magueyes.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

One of my favorite Mexican spots in Miami Lakes. If you're in the mood for authentic Mexican food that's the spot. Small space with limited seating but the atmosphere is always welcoming and home like to me. Feels like and I'm in my mom's kitchen eating good old Mexican food. Do yourself a favor and give this spot a chance.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 22, 2017

I have been so looking for a good Mexican place in South Florida (20 years). I had a co-worker suggest to go here. It is a strip mall. A small "hole in the wall". They only have 10 tables or so. They do have beer. The chicken mole was great. Not spicy, you have hints of pepper and chocolate. The chicken was moist and tasted great. The refried beans though had little flavor.
The service was good. The prices are reasonable.
I will have to go back and try something else before I am converted.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed June 25, 2017

Love the unlimited chips & salsa and the authentic Mexican beverages. The nacho appetizer with steak was amazing! Everything else was just okay, a little on the bland side.

Date of visit: June 2017

Been to Los Magueyes? Share your experiences!