“Our first B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in High Springs
Grady House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 High Springs B&B and Inns
Orlando
“Our first B&B”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

This was our first stay at a Bed & Breakfast and didn't know how things worked. Paul and Lucy (the owners) are delightful people, and put at ease very quickly. The house was beautifully decorated for Christmas, the room was very large with it's own bathroom (a concern of mine). I was so afraid of missing breakfast that I had dreams about it. In the morning when we came down (early) for breakfast, I shared that dream with Lucy and later Paul was joking with me about it, again making me feel at ease and very comfortable. Breakfast was shared with two other couples, the conversation was easy and Paul shared his knowledge of Maple syrup with us. The food was absolutely delicious, and the people were even better. I would definitely go again and I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Loye H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Thorne Bay, Alaska
Reviewed 3 January 2012

From the minute our group of four arrived at the inn, Paul welcomed us and made us feel quite at home with his charming banter. We arrived late (11 pm), but had called to inform Paul and Lucy, and they were very accommodating (thanks!). The Grady House is easy to locate on one of the main streets in High Springs, and is a convenient short walk from downtown and the Great Outdoors Restaurant. The attention given to the inn's decor is noticeable even from the street - this is the sort of guest house you drive by and wish you had made reservations at - even if you only live an hour away. The house is perfect - old with just the right amount of character, but none of the annoyances (at least for the guests!). The tasteful decor continues from the front porch, through the living and dining areas, into each different bedroom. I stayed in the navy room for two nights with a friend and absolutely loved it. The other two in our party stayed in the peach room the first night and the yellow room the last night.

The navy room was superb. I loved the clawfoot bathtub in the bathroom. This room is actually two rooms - the front room has a daybed, coffee table, and armoire - more of a living/ visiting area, but worked great for us, as we were two friends sharing a room. The second of the two rooms is the main bedroom, with a very comfortable queen bed - the kind you sink into and never want to leave. This turned out to be a major plus - I actually wound up spending the second day at the inn with a bit of a cold - the cleaning staff was exceptional, and so sweet - when they offered to make up the room, and I told them I was sick, they brought up a tray of tea for me, and even offered soup.

In the morning, breakfast is served by Lucy with flourish - the herb baked eggs were my absolute favorite, and the lemon pancakes were no less fabulous. A wonderful way to start your day! Other small touches include separate beach towels provided for taking down to the river/ springs (wonderful!), wine/ beer, tea, hot chocolate, etc. available in the dining areas. We took advantage of the different outdoor seating areas to have a nightcap, but also gathered in the fireplace room and chatted with the other guests.

The inn is close to all the rivers and springs in the High Springs area - a great home base for diving, kayaking/ canoeing adventures. Parking at the inn is located off the main street, but you can park right in front to move your luggage. There is a large, beautiful garden area to enjoy the outdoors during your stay, and a great selection of books and movies available.

Really, there were so many other small things I enjoyed about our short stay with Paul and Lucy, and I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The navy room was perfect, I loved it. The sitting room/ spare bedroom in the navy and peach rooms...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank OutsideTravelin
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My wife and I and our sixteen year old son stayed here for 4 days over the Thanksgiving holidays along with other members of our family. We had a wonderful time at the Grady House.

The house itself is first rate. It has the charm of an old home but with all the modern conveniences. The rooms were large and clean with comfortable beds. While we enjoyed having wine on the front porch and in the parlor, our favorite activity was sitting in the gazebo in the back garden, surrounded by a Koi pond and fountain. It just doesn't get more relaxing than that.

The owners, Paul and Lucie, could not have been more gracious and fun. Lucie treated us to an amazing breakfast each morning, and Paul always had a funny story (or two) to tell.

We highly recommend the Grady House.

5 Thank Scott C
orlando
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband's family gathered at the Grady House for a long Thanksgiving weekend. We combined family activities with shopping, manatees, retired horses, and the Florida-Florida State annual football game.

From the moment we arrived at Grady House we were delighted. Lucy and Paul welcomed us and made sure every detail of our stay was comfortable and enjoyable. Of our 10 family members, one was vegan and another was gluten and dairy-free. Although we offered to bring our own breakfast, Lucy enjoyed finding special treats for us each morning--fluffy pancakes, gorgeous home-made granola, raspberry stuffed french toast and more, with colorful fruit combinations each morning.

Loved the porch, the gazebo in the garden, the oh so cozy living room with leather sofa and so much more...

1 Thank knightgator
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Grady House this weekend when we went to the UF vs. FSU game. We looooooved everything about this super charming, beautifully decorated, friendly little bed and breakfast! No detail was overlooked- from the wonderfully smelling soaps to the absolutely delicious breakfasts cooked up by Lucy - everything was fantastic. I am going back to South Florida and telling everyone I know to stay here. It was a great relaxing place- felt like a home away from home. Perfect- book it now!!!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank CouplefromMiami
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Everything about this place is perfect. Paul and Lucie are so welcoming and really make you feel right at home from the second you walk in the door. They completely take care of you down to every little detail. They even accommodated an early check-in for us. The property is gorgeous and the front porch is so comfy! The breakfast...well, there are no words for how perfect it was. (Note- the day we arrived, Lucie asked if we had any requests for breakfast, as she was willing to make whatever we wanted!) We let her choose and after being served fresh fruit, lemon cake, and carrot cake, Lucie stunned us all and made a raspberry stuffed french toast- it really showed that she takes pride in the food she provides her guests. Paul took care of the entertainment and had everyone laughing all through breakfast! Overall, you can't beat this place. We will be back!! Thanks Lucie and Paul!
-Karen, Kelly, and Hilda

Room Tip: We stayed in the Navy Room and loved it!
2 Thank karen m
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Looking for a central location in FL for a business meeting, I happened upon Grady House. After speaking with Lucie, I booked the whole place, and it worked out perfectly! We had plenty of room to meet during the day, a great porch and courtyard for the evening, and of course, the breakfasts were delicious. The rooms were immaculately clean (yea!) and beautifully decorated. Lucie and staff were wonderful and made us feel very "at home". We even had some Dalmation time on our departure morning. Our Grady House stay made for a very unique meeting that everyone enjoyed.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Comfort Inn University
#9 of 44 in Gainesville
39.7 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake City

Been to Grady House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!