“Best Place on the Beach!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Tide Vacation Apartments
Reviewed 11 December 2014

I hesitated to write this review because we want it all to ourselves just like others who have written the same thing. This property has the best pool on the beach. Most other resorts have the pool behind the hotel. At the Tide Vacation Apartments it is front and center with plenty of lounge chairs and tables around it. I have stayed here around 10 times over the last 20 years. It has always been a great experience. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms have always been clean and if there has ever been a kitchen utensil or beach chair that we wanted they found one for us.
There are newer and bigger properties on the broadwalk but I would never consider staying anywhere else in Hollywood

Room Tip: The 4 ocean front corner rooms cost a little more but are well worth the price. If it is not too hot...
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rick M

Reviewed 26 November 2014

Tide Vacation Apartments have a great location on the quiet end of Hollywood Beach. You can go a block either way for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and drinks. The pool is right on the Broadwalk, just steps away from the ocean. This is the 2nd time my friends and I have booked here and they are booked for next year already. We had the two bedroom, two bath with futon, kitchen and dining table. They stay for a week, new towels are brought daily and pool towels provided as well as enough parking at no cost. If you are looking for a 5-star hotel, you will disappointed. If you are looking for an affordable, friendly, fun place with beach atmosphere that is good to share with family or friends, then you'll love it. Owners/managers are accommodating to your needs. A little dated in furnishings but clean. we love it.

Room Tip: We have only stayed in the two bed, two bath bottom floor. You'lll want to get up and see the m...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank carolynwhitex
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I hesitated to review this little beach vacation rental because we want it all to our selves. This vacation rental was recommended by family members that we had recently taken a vacation in July to Ft. Myers and had a bad experience. We rented 4 rooms a total of 16 people and truly experienced the best weekend ever! the owners & staff were friendly, everything as promised. very clean, steps to the beach and right on the boardwalk. we are getting together with our group and want to plan a another stay soon. I wanted to write this review because it merits the praise of happy, satisfied vacationers!

Room Tip: all of them are spacious & clean
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank cybermom333
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is a small 21 room place with a great location. I agree with previous reviewers both good and bad on a number of things.

Pros:

Location right on the beach and quieter section of beach, Ideal

Every room has an ocean view pretty much.

Bright Spacious Apts. with a Kitchen and Large Bathroom.

Staff is helpful and attentive

Pool is Nice, seems clean

Guests are all really friendly, if not a bit cliquey

Noodles provided

Grill available

Beach chairs and towels provided

Cons:

Guests are all older making it a little uncomfortable for the rest of us, mostly long term guests

Outdated furniture and a lot of things did not work as they should.

Minimum outlets, especially kitchen, you had to move things around and not enough room for all small appliances, Kettle was rusty.

Weird day beds that were really mattresses with no mattress pad or anything, gross

Everything seemed dirty especially the bathroom, it is old but that is ok size is good and it has a tub and is bright but a filthy screen on window and the tub I had to use soft scrub on. It appears to have been refinished and was scratchy and gouged. I in no way would have taken a bath which I love to do. The grout was intact but could use a grout cleaning and the floor was unacceptable, I could not walk around without my feet getting dirty. Old but clean is fine, dirty is not.

Just smelled bad, bought air freshener and a candle to get rid of the SMELL.

Could use a small flat screen in Bedroom instead of old tube TV

Could use more updated bedspreads and better sheets/linens

Conclusion: I would stay here again because the staff is good and the location and pool is nice, price is good. However, the lack of basic pride is unbelievable. I think the long term guests do their own cleaning? The women I talked to all seemed neat and clean to me and I can't believe this was acceptable to them either. After a second experience at a Superior Small lodging, I am beginning to think this distinction is little more than a marketing tool for the owners. I believe that if one is clean themselves and has basic pride of ownership then SSL is a tool that is not needed or is even helpful to potential guests. In other states this is not needed.

Room Tip: The middle rooms on second floor have great views and end units which are bigger, I think they two b...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank MABB26
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The location of this small hotell is very good, the pool is ok, the staff is helpful, but all other things are under normal standard at least if You come from Europe. Cleaning is done once a week if you are lucky, and its not getting clean.
All the equipment in the room and around the pool is old and broken down, looks like its from the 1970s. The beds are very bad , and if you are over the size of a dwarf u have to sleep with your feets out of the bed.
The place needs a full renovation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank PeOJohansson
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We have spent 6 days at Tide Vacation apartments in Dec 2012 & 2013. We will do it again in Dec 2014. We meet friends there & they will do it again next year too. If you're looking for fancy & expensive it's not for you. If you're looking for nice, clean, friendly, great pool and right on the beach, this is THE place for you. And it's very reasonably priced as well. There are lots of very good restaurants on the Broadwalk and in Historic Downtown Hollywood. It's approximately 5 miles from Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport. We can't wait until next December!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ken B
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I are coming to the end of a 10-day stay at the Tide Vacation Apartments. Last year we spent a week at the Marriott just 2 blocks away, and although we enjoyed that hotel, we liked the Tide even better. As has been mentioned, it is oceanfront, right on the broadwalk. The pool is the largest and most well-appointed of any other rentals we've seen here: plenty of chairs and umbrella tables, a gas grill, noodles and other water toys, and you don't have to get up at dawn to save yourself a spot. There are also chairs and towels available to take to the beach. The clientele is mostly older adults, many of whom return yearly at the same time; a very friendly bunch. The location is a few blocks distant from the busiest area of Hollywood Beach, so it's quiet and the beach is uncrowded. But you can easily walk to restaurants, stores, and bars if you need a little more activity. The broadwalk is well-lit at night, and many people use it for biking, roller-blading, jogging and walking, at all hours of the day and night.
We are staying in a corner unit with a private balcony, 1 BR/1bath, a new pull-out couch in the living room, and a full kitchen with fairly new appliances and cabinets. It has been recently painted and the floor tiles look pretty new, everywhere except the bathroom which is overdue for a renovation. But the unit was clean and neat when we arrived, and the staff provided clean towels daily. There is a coin-operated washer and dryer, and a large bottle of detergent that is available for guests to use.
There is a free off-the-street parking lot if you have a car. Staff members have all been very friendly and helpful. The price was very reasonable, and I will definitely be coming back to the Tides again.
Staff members were universally friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: The nicest rooms are ocean-front with large windows; however they are hard to book because people t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family