Hollywood Beach Marriott
Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 13 January 2012

My wife and I found this hotel after turning down a reservation we had made at another, smaller and older inn, and were quite pleased with this choice. It's right on the "Broadwalk" at the beach. (We thought it was misspelled too, but not so) The photos taken by other travellers are really quite accurate. Our first price quote was the "official" base price, but with AAA/CAA it became more reasonable. We're happy to have chosen it. The property has the feel of a Latin type hotel and some of the appointments were probably there before the Marriott takeover.To us, it was very comfortable. The rooms are good sized and the bathrooms are well appointed.
Since we only had 2 days to spend in Hollywood, it was well worth it. The pool is a nice size, and the whirlpool must be one of the largest and best we have encountered, (temperature good and hot, without burning up.)

Room Tip: Our room was on the 6th floor, and from there and higher you have a nice view of the surroundings.
1  Thank AmigoBert
Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Great location and very friendly staff.. Had a pleasant experience here. I recommend this place to anyone who wants a relax and chill vacation.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Booked it for New years at last minute (not a lot of choices available), but we really enjoyed it. Friendly staff, right on the beach, nice pool area, etc. Balcony overlooking both the ocean and the intracoastal was nice--definitely ask for a higher room. We had concierge access for part of stay--but it wasn't the best concierge lounge, and I wouldn't pay for it again. (not much in the way of snacks, only did breakfast certain days, no coffee available outside of breakfast time, etc.) Overall enjoyed the hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room in the upper floors--some of the lower floors look out on garage. Most ro...
1  Thank MarkandDiana
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel from dec 21 to the 28th. I picked it because it is not in the crowded xmas vacation crowd of fort lauderdale and miami yet close enough to go there for day trips. (We do rent a car) I also thought it would be nice to stay on the boardwalk if my kids (16 and 21)if they wanted to walk or (go for a run) which they did. I was really pleasantly surprised by my stay. First of all I have to say that the consierges were really very well informed and helpful. Veronica gave us all the info for out outings to the everglades and dinners. The other consierge (whose name is escaping me) also had a very knowledgeable out look on restaurants etc. .And there are plenty to choose..and all price points and types.... For us it was different because the size of the hotel is so managable. The hotels I usually stay in are generally those big resorts which really get over run during the school vacations and this was just the right size. The staff was smiling and I like that...so many times you feel like they are being punished but not here. And I have to agree with my fellow reviewers that the cleaning staff was the excetion ..but not that much compared to all other hotels...our rooms were a bit small but that is what it is...now comes my negative....The pool area..not the pool which is fine for the size of the hotel...no its the way it is run...I actually got scolded for not returning a towel....now there are plenty of chairs for everyone there it was pretty empty.and so okay, I could have, but really...on vacation....I actually had a laugh with my family...too much...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank foodnyc
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel Dec 10th- 12th, 2011. We stayed here because we had gotten a discounted rate from a group. We headed down to attend The EAGLES Game on that Sunday. It was a nice hotel but not a lot around to do. They have what they call a board walk but it’s not much of a boardwalk. It’s basically a path that you can bike, jog, and walk, roller blade and skate board down. There are restaurants along this path but nothing that made us want to go in a heat except for the Marriott’s beach restaurant. It was very nice because it is right on the beach.
We had to sleep in a room with two double beds because they did not have any rooms left with king beds so my husband and I had to sleep apart and the one bed was very noisy.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

The HBM is one of our favorite hotels. Upon arrival you are greeted by friendly front desk personnel who will be smiling when you leave. Right on the Broadwalk and ocean We are currently staying 10 days at the HBM, have stayed many times, and plan to return in March 2012. If you are in the Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood area, consider a few nights at the HBM. Check themout on the web and on FB.

Room Tip: Ask for the south side if you prefer the sun.
Reviewed 23 December 2011

My wife and I decided to take a quick 4 day trip to Florida just as a work break. We stayed here during the week of December 15th. I am a Marriott Platinum member and could not decide between the Harbor Beach Resort and Marriott Hollywood Beach. We ended up splitting up the trip and staying two nights at each hotel.

To see my review of Harbor Beach go to the Harbor Beach Marriott review section. We loved both hotels but had more fun at the Hollywood Beach hotel. I am a Marriott Platinum Member and we traveled as a couple.

Hollywood Beach Hotel

I have to thank “Chris” the front desk attendant. He really took great care of me. He upgraded me to a full ocean view room and probably the best room they had in the hotel ! It had two balconies and teh room was spacious. THANK YOU CHRIS !!!!

This is definitely an older hotel that was remodeled. The room itself was great. The bathroom was very nice but as others have commented, the glass bathroom door is a little bizarre and I really don’t understand what they were thinking when they designed this. However, I have to say, it really was not that big of a deal. The truth is you really can’t see much through the glass. It is smoked glass and I would not let that stop you from staying at this hotel.

I do have to admit, the front desk staff, the bar staff, the restaurant staff, the managers etc.. are all great. They are extremely friendly and take good care of you. However, as others have commented, the cleaning staff ..well not so much. I think I read other reviews about this but on our first night there we left the room at about 11:30am the next morning. I didn’t think this was exceptionally late since we are on vacation but our room was never cleaned. I guess they do a once over down the hall in the morning and if you have a do not disturb sign on your door, your out of luck. We got back to our room about 5:30pm and the room was not cleaned so we just asked the front desk staff to bring up some clean towels which they did and were very apologetic. The hallway itself outside the rooms had kind of a damply musty smell to it but it never really bothered us. We could not smell anything in our room.

The location of this hotel is great !!! The Hollywood beach area is very nice. We didn’t really get to enjoy the beach too much because of the windy weather but it was extremely clean. It is a public beach, no alcohol is allowed and you have to rent chairs from the city. There is a booth right outside the hotel that rents chairs ( $ 8 for lounge chairs, $ 24 for a cabana with chairs).

The pool at the hotel is very small as others have mentioned. It was not busy so there were plenty of chairs available but there is no wow factor or anything real inviting about the pool itself. I imagine that during their busy season finding space around the pool could be a problem but you can always just sit on the beach.

The bar at the hotel was just great !! They had live music during the day although it seemed to be the same person playing Jamaican type music. Plenty of TV’s around to watch sports. At night they had a different group playing live music and the one night the duo group was fantastic !! playing current hits. The female singer was awesome ! The bar staff is excellent and we enjoyed talking to all of them. We ate there both nights and I have to say the food is exceptional !! Outstanding food, worth every penny. The location of the hotel is perfect because it is a little away from the busier part of the beach and broadwalk (yes "broadwalk" not boardwalk) area yet close enough that you can just step out of the hotel onto the broadwalk and take a nice walk to the area with restaurants and shops. We did eat at some places along the broadwalk but found the atmosphere and food much better at the Marriott. Right next door to the Marriott there is a little tiki bar with live music also, a nice place to hang out.

The broadwalk is also a lot of fun. We enjoyed just walking back and forth and there are some great and reasonably priced places to eat along the way. Although there are a couple of bars along the way, the truth is there really are only a couple and we didn’t find any places that looked real inviting to just sit and hang out for awhile. We had the most fun hanging out at the Marriott Hollywood bar and downtown Hollywood as explained below.

We took the trolley one night to the downtown Hollywood area. This is highly recommended. Hollywood blvd in downtown has tons of bars, restaurants and shops. This is a great place to walk, eat and hang out. The trolley cost $1 per person and there is a stop right at the broadwalk that will take you back and forth to downtown. We had a great conversation with the driver who took good care of us on the way back (dropped us off right in front of the hotel).

The broadwalk has a lot of dated boutique hotels and the shops along the broadwalk are a little ..well …. dumpy. The area itself is not a “high end” area like Ft. Lauderdale but you will still have a lot of fun. I don’t know if I would want to spend a full week there since I think you would get a little tired of the limited variety along the broadwalk and downtown vs Ft. Lauderdale where there would be more to do but I highly recommend staying there.

The bottom line is that if the weather is going to cooperate and you are looking to just lay around at the beach and pool then Harbor Breach Resort is the place to go. You will love their pool and the beach and with a little effort, you can still venture outside to the populated places in Ft. Lauderdale. If you are looking to have some fun with a place you can hear live music, walk around with ease and people watch then Hollywood Marriott is the place to go. We ended up having much more fun at the Hollywood Beach hotel and will return although we will probably return to the Harbor Beach hotel someday too.

Room Tip: If possible, try to get a corner ocean view room. It will have two balconies and views of everything...
6  Thank mbateacher