“Very well-run hotel on the boardwalk”

Hollywood Beach Marriott
Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 7 March 2015

I attended a medical meeting and stayed 2 nights at this hotel right on the boardwalk facing the ocean. There is also a nice pool and the best restaurant on the boardwalk. I would recommend staying here for either business or pleasure. Only 2 minor problems: 1 light bulb out in bathroom and the 2 telephones in the room either didn't work or they were just too hard to operate.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,618)

Reviewed 7 March 2015

The Ocean side of the hotel is very pleasant. The pool area is very clean and Beach access is right across the boardwalk. The boardwalk is fantastic and part of the location. Our room was very clean but dated. The furniture was sturdy but worn and the mattress was worn away in spots. Service was great during our stay. The concierge, front desk and staff were extremely friendly. After our stay, however, we tried multiple times to contact the hotel because we left some items in our room and have yet to hear back.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Hollywood Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2015

Hello and thanks for your review. We hope that you have spoken to someone regarding your items left here, please let us know. We are glad that you overall enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 5 March 2015

Great location, right on the Hollywood Beach and Broadwalk. Easy access to beach, where you can rent 2 lounge chairs and an umbrella at a cost of $32. Take a walk down the Broadwalk, where you will find more hotels, restaurants, and shops. Plenty of people here, lots of action. Music, bikers, joggers, skateboarders, and more.

Hotel Pros: Beachfront location, our room had a glass balcony with an ocean view. Room was tastefully decorated, very clean and smelled absolutely delightful. Nice decor, employees were very polite and helpful. We were originally given a room on the 4th floor. While it was an ocean view room, we couldn't see much of the ocean due to the palm trees and buildings in the way. We called the front desk, explained that we really wanted to see the ocean. They immediately brought us a new key to a room on the 7th floor. A few minutes later, they called our new room to see if we were happy with the better view. We definitely were. :-).

Hotel Cons: Room was a little small, but was fine for the two of us. The mattress was much harder than I am used to, I believe it to be the hardest mattress I have slept on in a hotel. The air conditioner was a little loud. Upon going to bed the first night, I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to sleep due to the hard mattress and the loud air conditioner. However, I did sleep, and by the end of our stay here I didn't even notice those two inconveniences anymore.

We would definately stay here again.

1  Thank tdrm
Reviewed 2 March 2015

Everything from the room, service, staff, bar/restaurant was excellent. We were in town for the Valentine weekend and to see Andrea Bocelli at The Seminole Hard Rock. Wish we could have spent a few more days as the location is central to the beach, town of hollywood and Nearby destinations such as Lauderdale and Miami. "penny"

Room Tip: Very nice ocean front rooms are available. I am Platinum on Marriott and was able to secure a room u...
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Hollywood Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2015

Greetings and thanks so much for staying with us. We look forward to you coming back. Cheers!

Reviewed 24 February 2015

We stayed at the Hollywood Beach Marriott from 2/18-2/22/2015 in room 811, with an incredible view of the ocean. This hotel was AWESOME! Great location right on the beach, fantastic & attentive staff led by the most attention to detail manager, Albert McDonald, I have ever seen.

We are Marriott Platinum Elite members & travel quite a bit and I have to say this was one of our best stays. I honestly can't think of one negative thing to say. From the Valet's that said "welcome back" every time we pulled in, to the front desk staff, everyone had a sincere smile on their faces. Even the restaurant staff were pleasant and efficient despite the fact that they were pack and hustling. We will go back, often, to this hotel!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and had an "Ocean View" that was as good as "Ocean Front&quo...
1  Thank hairpluck

Wow, we thank you for the review. We try harder and harder each time to make our guests feel at home, so...mission accomplished! Please come back and visit us again soon in Hollywood.

Reviewed 24 February 2015

You can't beat this location. Right on the Hollywood boardwalk. Outside your front door is the beach! the staff is kind and wonderful. The hotel is old. While the rooms are comfortable, the common areas are old and could take some updating!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank BarryMoltz
Reviewed 23 February 2015 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel two nights prior to our cruise. Booked last minute, due to a snowstorm in Boston. Paid close to 1,000 for two nights for our family of four. Was told after I booked on their website, that they couldn't guarantee me two double beds. Huh? I entered two double beds on the search engine, that's what I wanted. I tried to cancel over the phone, and they gave me the runaround, switching me from one person to the next. Finally I ended right back to the manager I called in the beginning. They wouldn't cancel my reservation, but said they would put bedding on the floor if double beds weren't available. Unacceptable, but what could I do at that point? We did end up with the two beds thank goodness.

On the positive side, the location of the hotel was fantastic. It's right on the boardwalk, right next to a beautiful beach. Plenty of restaurants and entertainment, all within walking distance

I would stay here again, if the price was right, and they guaranteed the room I wanted.

Stayed: February 2015