“Accept the Sign's Advice and "Eat Here!"”
Review of eat here

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Marina Drive
Description: Eat Here offers chef-driven, American artisan cookery. An emphasis on local product and fresh Gulf seafood served in presentations suitable for sharing and tasting. A casual neighborhood place, with a community table, featuring craft beers and wines. On Anna Maria Island.
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We have eaten here multiple times over the past few years and have never been disappointed. The menu standbys are great comfort food; the daily specials take advantage of locally sourced foodstuffs.The chef artfully embraces multiple cuisine styles, resulting in some unexpected--but delightful--flavor fusions in the daily specials. There is something to enjoy for everyone.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I came for date night one night and decided against Eat Here (it's in a strip mall!!) and to go to another more expensive place on the beach. We came back another night and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. We had the red snapper special and lobster/shrimp tacos, both were fantastic. Wished we would've come here for date night also, we opted for Beach House and were less than impressed had raw fish there! The food and service were excellent at Eat Here - we highly recommend it!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Last time I was on the island, Eat Here shined. This year, eh, sorta.

The eatery is one of the better places on this little island and has a menu that's sure to please everyone in your party.

The wine list is ok, with many choices less than $40. And that menu that's sure to please? It's not really changed in two year which is both good and bad.

We started with the Poutine, which is a sure pleasure. Shoe string french fries toped with a rich brown gravy, bits of pot roast and cheese. Sort of the Canadian national dish, Eat Here does this well and it doesn't disappoint. Enough for three to share, this starter is a great way to start.

But starters are only starters and a kitchen is judged on its entrees. Eat Here seems to have dropped a bit in kitchen quality over the past two years with the staple Veal Meatloaf showing signs of inattention to detail. Sure, the texture was good and the flavor ok, but there were overdone areas that shouldn't have been there. Plating was a bit off as well, but overall, so/so.

My party had the evening's specials which were more mediocre than special. The chicken Florentine pizza was bland and needed more seasoning.

Service was ok, but nothing special either.

Perhaps Eat Here was recovering from Irma, but to me, the meal was slightly off.

1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We came here when we first arrived in AMI, the service was good and we were delighted with our meals HOWEVER.... after visiting the second time I ordered a Cesar salad... on the menu it read 'Cesar salad with some added kale' I asked for some chicken to go along side the dish and the waiting responded 'we can't do that... the boss doesn't think protein should be in a salad' I thought that was really poor but ordered it anyway. When the salad arrived (twenty minutes before my partners meal) I tasted it and it had a horrible smell and taste so I stopped eating. When the waiter approached to take our plates we explained how disappointed we were with the salad and told him it tasted odd - he responded saying there were anchovies in the salad... this wasn't mentioned on the menu and for somebody that really dislikes fish, we were shocked and slightly disgusted. He agreed and said it wasn't right and that it should have been mentioned on the menu... To finish off the evening.... the not eaten salad remained on the bill!!!!

2  Thank LeanneSmithy
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

This is a little sister to the Beach Bistro (see my review). More casual every day food made with the freshest ingredients, inventive interpretations and great presentation.