All reviews beach chairs anna maria garden house small bathroom staff was friendly and accommodating short walk to the beach short stay bed was comfortable the kitchen coffee pot old florida charm free trolley romantic getaway pots and pans beach vacation trolley stop tom
Reviewed July 20, 2018

My wife and I found ourselves in Tampa, FL with a week free. We had just completed a European vacation and needed a place to recuperate and thought we'd find a place on the beach. We stumbled upon Anna Maria Island and that was the place for us!...low key and not door to door condos and big hotels....lots of vacation rentals in neighborhood settings, just what we were looking for! The only problem was that it was mid-July (Peak summer travel) and we had nor prior reservations. All the nice vacation rentals were booked.
We decided to drive around and explore a bit. One of the places we stopped at to see if they had room recommended we try Haley's Motel, so we did. We met the co-owner, Tom, and he showed us around his property that he manages with his son. It was perfect, albeit, it wasn't directly on the beach, The place was uber clean and very quiet (nestled in a quiet neighborhood with zero traffic noise), with plenty of dedicated, free parking. He made us a great deal on a one bedroom efficiency for a week. We took it for a week and loved it!
It was a very short walk to the beach (no more than 500 meters, Google map it and check it out on street view) so that was no issue for us, plus Tom has all the sand paraphernalia (umbrellas, chairs, loungers, towels, and sand carts to lug it all to the beach) you need there to borrow. The beach was phenomenal -- white sugar sand and crystal clear water! I would recommend bringing your own beach towels or stopping by Target to pick them up (the beach towels they provide were small to my liking).
The grounds are very well kept with very cute gardens (lots of flowers) and several nooks where you can enjoy your coffee in the mornings. There are 2 very clean and and well maintained pools with plenty of tables, chairs, loungers, and umbrellas. There is also a gas BBQ for anyone to use out by the pool as well.
The rooms are very clean and well stocked. We stayed in unit 5. Our 1 bedroom efficiency had a separate bedroom and a small bathroom, plus a kitchenette (including a stove, oven, dish washer, sink, some pots and pans, dishware and glassware for 2, and a small refrigerator). We cooked several meals in our room and on the grill (and ate them out by the pool).Haley's Motel was the perfect place to rest and relax by the beach -- sun, sand, and value in a great setting, perrfect for families. Check it out and book it, you won't regret it!
I read some of the other reviews and can't understand their comments about being "overpriced"! That definitely was not the case for us, recommend you check comparable properties on AMI and then call them directly and see what they can do for you if the price on line is not to your liking. Also, we found Tom, the co-owner to be very helpful and polite, a great host!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Tom B, Owner at Haleys Motel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2018

Mark - I find myself speechless - which seldom happens!
One of the nicest reviews we have ever seen.
It was a pleasure to host you - come back anytime!

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

I travel as a flood insurance adjuster and stay in a lot of hotels. Polly Hopkins went out of her way to ensure I got the best room and rate for my stay! This hotel was extremely comfortable and clean! Polly followed up with me when I was headed out the door to offer some advise on good restaurants in the area. Thank you Polly for the outstanding customer service in making sure my stay at the Wood River Inn was exceptional!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2018

We really enjoyed our stay at Haley’s. We started each day with coffee and toast that we made in our kitchenette and ate outside at the table and chairs just outside our room. We enjoyed walking on the beach and the sunsets were amazing. The free trolley is a great way to see this beautiful island. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We will definitely be staying there again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BikeCruisingCouple
Tom B, Owner at Haleys Motel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Welcome back anytime.

Reviewed June 23, 2018

My Husband And I Have Been Going To Haleys Motel For Many Years Now. We Only Live 60 Miles Away. But We Feel Like We Have Traveled Far Away To a little Piece of Paradise. Very Clean And Beautiful Landscaping And Nice Pool. . All Of The Staff Are As Sweet As Can Be. You Really Feel Welcome. Booking Our Second Romantic Getaway For This Summer... And It's Only June..

Room Tip: We Have Tried all Of Them.. Small Is Ok . Bigger With Screened Porch Nice If Hanging Out In Room More.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suzbudgis
Tom B, General Manager at Haleys Motel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2018

Thank you!
We love our regulars - means we are doing something right.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Lovely romantic setting . Haley’s is spotlessly clean. With lots of small touches for a enjoyable stay near to the beach. They also supply chairs and brollies for the beach . 2 swimming pools and nice sitting area for each apartment or cottage . Supberb comfy beds and plenty fluffy white towels . Helpful friendly staff

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cassieYorkshire
Tom B, General Manager at Haleys Motel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Our pleasure to have you as our guests - hope you visit us again