All reviewsbeen coming for yearslaid backfamily ownedon anna maria islandbooked for next yearsmall familyheated poolrooms are spaciousfree islandwe loved our staynice poolwonderful placefew stepssandalskitchenvacationjeff
Reviewed December 28, 2017

We loved our stay here once again. Rooms are very clean. Everyone from Jeff, Ken, Ester and Mike are great to deal with.
The pool was amazing, Heated to 85 degrees was great. Liked the island music.
You are also right on the beach which is another plus.
Looking forward to next year.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Helen F
Reviewed November 3, 2017

The White Sans has a fantastic beach right out the door!!! It is very clean and friendly.
Thr rental prices are extremely reasonable. Ken and Jeff take a personal interest in your comfort!
You can't go wrong anytime of the year.

Room Tip: Check the internet for room photos and descriptions.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank BillDing7
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Having lost power from hurricane Irma, we decided to take our son's advice and follow he and wife to White Sands Beach resort on Anna Maria Island and this was the best thing we could have done! This small family owned motel was delightful and the owners very accommodating to us. The efficiency was fine, the pool great and the sunset from the beach is priceless. We stayed 3 days and 2 hours after our return, we received power to our home. Would we return to White Sands Resort again? You betcha!!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Willsgg
Reviewed July 2, 2017

There's a reason why this resort does not get many TA reviews - the majority of people that come here are repeaters. They check out and book again for next year, which - even though this was our first trip - we did. Staying here is like staying with family; it's a small place so you get to know one another. Pros: nice layout, nice pool, nice apartment-type lodgings, very close to the beach, friendly people, clean accommodations, etc. Cons:: very laid back - wait . . . that's not a con, that's another pro. If you are lucky enough to get a reservation here - grab it. We made lots of new friends, and many of us booked for next year, same time.

Room Tip: Any location is good.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wonderingpartners
Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

I have been coming to Anna Maria Island since I was a kid. It is a home away from home for me. This is the first time I have stayed at the White Sands. It was recommended to me by a resident of the island because it is family owned, right on the beach, reasonably priced, well cared for and has repeat clientele who have been coming for years. I wanted a place to stay that is quiet and restful. I wanted easy access to the beach. And I wanted people who are staying there to want the same thing as me. White Sands does not disappoint. If you are a partying type, this is not the place for you or your freeloading friends. Respectful guests are appreciated here more than full occupancies.

Details: The rooms are spacious and so are the kitchens that are well stocked with what you need to cook with. Daily towel service is available but you have to bring your own beach towels. The pool is not huge but accommodates the guests just fine. The rooms are modest but clean and all you need for a "chill on the beach all day" kind of vacation. Every room has access to a grill but you have to purchase your own charcoal. Lots of restaurants are around and you can walk to many things.

The brothers that run this place are super accommodating and helpful. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple