All reviewsroom was cleanbar and grillgator covefree breakfastparkwildlife
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I would only stay at the Bella Oasis again if there were no other hotels in a 25 mile radius of Homosassa Springs. The hotel is in despair, upon check in we noticed that the price they charge is more expensive than advertised online. When they forgot to give us our AAA rate we were told we would have to handle the refund in the morning. I was amazed at how unhelpful the staff at the hotel was, and how unprofessional they came across. The whole hotel needs paint on the outside, the rooms really could use an update. From the mattresses that felt like they were from the 70's, to the lack of pillows, the dirty chairs with the table set, and bath towels that couldn't be any thinner or smaller. To make matters worse, there was a bathing suit bottom liner attached to our bathroom door, we were place in a room right next to the pool and bar, where a gentlemen, with little to no skill in the art of music, played until well after 10:30. There swimming pool has no lights, and the deck around the pool has one little light that give off minimal lighting, so it makes it useless to try to use the pool at night. In the morning we headed down to the "continental breakfast" which consisted of two bulk cereal options, some apples, and some packaged danishes, like the ones you see in the gas stations. They have coffee, but only artificial creamer. And the room they provide it in is a dimly lit bar type area, not very appealing for a breakfast location. Overall it was a very disappointing experience and we will not visit the Bella Oasis again.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, get a room away from the pool, this will increase your chances of getting a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2011

not a very clean motel stains on the counters and dressers bathroom dirty phones did not work breakfast cold cereal and a waffle orange juice and milk warm carpet dirty looks like no one swept for months

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This hotel was the worst I have ever stayed in!!!!! We made this a side trip and used a coupon from a travel book you pick up at rest stops. I have always had luck with them in the past and we did a quick check on this web site. Check in was busy and they were almost sold out, so I thought it couldn't be too bad. WRONG!!! We rented 3 rooms and each one was dirty! Mattresses were old and worn, sheets thin--no mattress pad under then either. The celings were high and had gobs of spider webs in the corners! Curtains were off the hooks at the tops. My daughter's room had dead bugs. Towels, if you even had any, were stained and thin. Mold in the showers, broken furniture, missing items (iron) and signs placed in the room that they were going to charge you for what was missing! What a joke, everything was missing! We would have left but we had been on the road for 17 hours and the kids were tired so we decided to stay. We took the kids to the pool and surprise, no towels there either. The girl at the front desk (who was pleasant) did give me a couple but later when my daughter went for towels for the room, there were none left! The pool had about 6 louge chairs and the coushins were mouldy! Yuck!!! The hotel was very busy, a lot of boats in the parking lot so obviously the horrid conditions did not bother the other guests! I guess I am just used to better.
In the morning we went down to the "deluxe" continental breakfast and it consisted of corn flakes, waffel mix (1 waffel maker) and a loaf of white bread. That's it! I flipped at that point. I went to the front desk and told them that their hotel was the absolute worst I had ever stayed in and the clerk said, "yea we hear that a lot." Then she tried to explain that it was a continental breakfast..I know what that means...but it usually includes some danish, muffins, bagel, fruit etc. It is obvious that whom ever owns this place does not give a crap about the comfort of the guests. If they invested some money it could be halfway decent. But if was painfully obvious that they have no idea how to run a hotel! DO NOT STAY (unless of course you dont mind dirt).
My kids and granchildren commented "you know this place is bad if this group is packed up and in the cars by 8:15 am! We couldn't get out of there fast enough!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank needsarestNewJersey
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Where to begin? At check-in we were greeted by a lazy woman who had no information about the area and was totally sarcastic. She acted as if we were bothering her when we were trying to check in. After leaving the rude woman working at the front desk, we walked through the courtyard which looked very unkept. Although the grass was mowed, the owner clearly didn't want to spend the extra money to edge and landscape. In the parking lot there were piles of discarded cigarettes from emptied out ashtrays dumped by patrons. The outside of the hotel needed major cleaning and pressure washing. Upon entering the room we noticed the following: dirt and/or mold on the curtains; the carpet was extremely filthy and we refused to walk barefoot on it; the bed sheets were worn out and old; there was a film of grime on everything including the alarm clock; the mirror in the bathroom was sawed off/broken in the corner and there was an unknown substance that had dried while dripping down the side of the mirror; there appeared to be dried blood splattered on the tissue dispenser next to the mirror: the lampshades were consistently dirty and one of them was ripped. In the morning we walked to the lobby and to see about the "complimentary" breakfast which consisted of tiny styrofoam mini-cups for the old cheap coffee and a cheap container of cereal. There was cereal and food all over the floor. Upon experiencing a stay at a hotel where the owners spend as little money as possible on the accomodations, it was very surprising to see one of the owner's recently washed and waxed BMW prominently displayed at the entrance to the lobby. I would not board my dog in the room where I stayed. This place should not be in business.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank beauty82
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Room is big enough, but there were lots of hair in the tub and on the bathroom floor. Also this is the first time I have been to a hotel where the sheet came off my bed tvice during the night. It was like it to small for the bed.

The rates are good so for one night I survived.

• Stayed: March 2011