See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here four nights because it's a great location for exploring the Crystal River/Homosassa area. The rool was clean, the staff was very friendly and the breakfast was OK basic. The motel sits right next to the entrance to the Wildlife Park, so it's perfect for a visit there.
With a little tender care from a maintenance man this could be a really nice "classic" motel. Things like some touch up painting would do wonders for the overall look.
But if you are looking to vacation on a budget, this is a good option. Clean and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor. They have vaulted ceilings and feel roomy.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bluepelican
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed here 1 night. The receptionist was pleasant and helpful. The room we had was fairly clean and comfortable. We were at the far end of the complex away from the lounge area where it may have been noisier, but we had a comfortable night. The complimentary breakfast was pretty basic. We were able to walk directly, a short distance, to the Homossassa State Park,which is next door.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David G
Reviewed February 9, 2012

It's true there's not much to choose from in Homosassa. Hence, we chose this place which was near my parents'. The weekly rate was pretty good, something like $42 -45 a night or something. Maybe that was a senior's rate, not sure. Anyway, staff were very nice, helpful and accommodating, so were housekeeping. Room tired, somewhat moldy-smelling, carpet/bathroom needs work. I was told by front desk staff that the rooms by the pool are difficult to keep from getting mildew-y, so choose one elsewhere. Room decent size, two double-bed. They use some sort of mattress cover which get bunched up under the sheet all the time. Sleep wasn't great. For the price the place isn't terrible, so if you don't mind a place a bit rough around the edges, you can save a buck.. 24-hour Walgreen's across the street, CVS too. Pub-lix and Walmart just down the road. (But Walmart is likely to be closing, as they're opening another one about 10 min. away). Wildlife Park (wonderful) right there. Free breakfast really pretty lacking. Didn't use pool as we were there in December. Occasionally noisy at night. Housekeeping does not clean your room every day when you pay by the week. The motel seems to be the residence for a number of people, perhaps people who have lost their homes. That part was sad. There were a few dogs around, so I guess they accept pets. Computer/internet for guests in lobby. $1/page to print.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danc8
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Oh my were do I begin I read reviews thought couldn"t be that bad but IT IS so dirty, noisy. If it was only hotel in area I would stay in my car. Never slept all night. Paid for 2 nights but after first night couldn't wait to get in the car and go. Please if your not in an eposide of horders don"t stay here.I have stayed in many hotels well it is by far the worst!!!!!

Room Tip: don"t stay here unless your a construction worker and it's next to your job and you work nights room was dirty, noisy I was up all evening tried to turn on air then sounded like room was taking flight. Tolet flushed and 10 minutes later water stopped running.Party people , of course attached to bar. payed 2 nights stayed 1 couldn't wait to get in the car and go. Never again if it was the only hotel in area would sleep in the car. Read rewiews and thought it couldn't be that bad. IT IS rooms available by the week does that give you a clue.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 419Barb
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel and the Riverside Resort over the years. I prefer the location of this hotel to the latter. Options are very limited in the Homosassa area. And, I have seen an improvement at this property, you can tell work has been done including painting inside and out since we last stayed there. The property has been cleaned up and it was really nice to walk over the bridge and watch the animals at the Homosassa River Park first thing in the morning. One improvement, new beds and some newer ammenities. New fridge and microwave. Housekeeping is getting better though the bedspreads were soiled. Bathroom and vanity was clean but the carpet was dirty. Could use an upgrade on the pillows though, very hard and flat. My kids resorted to using their pillowpets and my husband and I took their pillows. There was an old 19" TV that would not have been so bad but, the remote sucked. The buttons stuck and sticky electrical tape held the whole thing together. We called to have the remote changed but only got more electrical tape and it still didn't work.

The only other comment, it was nice to have a comp. breakfast but it could have done MUCH better. Not going to go into details about it. Hope the property continues to improve, Homosassa could use a GOOD hotel.

Room Tip: Second Floor by the pool is nice.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family