All reviews room was clean bar and grill gator cove free breakfast park wildlife
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I came to Florida to visit a friend and she recommended this hotel. I looked online at the reviews and was pretty shocked by what I read. But, since everywhere else was booked, I stayed there anyway. It's an obviously old property, but my stay was overall a pleasant one. The breakfast was well stocked and the staff were always extremely helpful, they go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. All of these reviews saying that it's "nasty and disgusting"... I can't see what you are complaining about. My room (Upstairs, with a beautiful view of the pool) was clean and very comfortable. Plus, after a long day of traveling cross country, the little bar and grill they have on the property was a relief! The prices were good, even before the added discount you get for being a guest at the hotel. I was pleased, absolutely! There was even a place up by the front desk that I could park my bike! I couldn't see it from my room, which was unfortunate, but the front desk assured me that there was always someone up there and they would keep an eye on it for me! (Good, because that is my baby!) Granted, the bar was a little loud, but the noise ended when the bar closed (around 11pm).

(Personally, I think people only get online to review if they have negative to say!)

Room Tip: Ask for something with a view!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Alex R
Reviewed July 15, 2012

What a joke..Check in july 14, 2012. Spent $200.00 for my children to have to listen to foul mouthed, drunk patrons. The place was overall disgusting. Could not even get a pool towel but that's ok since the pool tiles had more mold then a loaf of 3 month old bread. Shower did not work but after leaving I received a call saying they checked it and it worked fine. Do yourself a favor and pack a tent and head to the local campgrounds, it's going to be cleaner and you will get more rest not having to listen to a bunch of drunks. We do not live to far away and will never return. If your coming to Florida to have a nice visit, drive past this place and head to the Holiday Inn Express Crystal River where you know it is clean and a nice place for your kids to stay. Local health dept should check this place out!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MCoop0113
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I visited Homosassa for an overnight getaway to the springs. A fishing tournament took all the lodging along the river. The Bella Oasis was the only choice we had... If you look at it as "camping" you'll probably be satisfied...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank channelkatz
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This is the worst hotel i have ever been inside of. My husband and I attempted to stay there on saturday June 2, 2012. We checked in asked for a rooM ground floor facing parking lot. We wanted to keep an eye on our motorcycle. We were given pool side, very far from parking lot. When we entered the smell was over whelming. I felt sick. Carpet was slimy, rust on walls, small hairs all over sink and counter. Ugh gross. We turned around and went back to lobby to ask for our money back. The front desk girl was very helpful and a little scared I think. She offered to show us a different room. We said no thank you, u only get one chance at first impression. She said she couldnt give money back and had to call her boss AKA the owner for permission. With out shock he denied such a request. Even after some loud conversation from my husband the owner wasnt goin to give our money back after a 10 minute stay. I wouldnt let my dog sleep on the floor of this hotel. Stay clear of tghis place and its dreadful owner.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Genni M
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here originally for two night but could only stay one, and that was hard. I booked online and got a confirmation for a King bed. When we arrived there were no King bed, we were put in two queens, there was no mattress pad on one of the beds, the bedspread has stains all over them, there were dead roaches on the floor, You know the commercial with the lady in the hazmat suit, that is exactly how I felt. There were people on the patio grilling in from of their room, you could not even walk by, Sounds like a fire hazard to me, they were smoking out there also. It was just a very dirty, low rent hotel…. NO SPA, NO Resort. The air conditioner was so loud you couldn’t even get a good sleep. I would not recommend this for my Dog. The shower had no shower head, just sprayed water.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple