“BEWARE OF PRICE QUOTES”
Review of Bella Oasis Hotel

Bella Oasis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Homosassa
Reviewed 18 February 2016

I called to get a price for a week and was give 292 per week bottom floor. I am AAA so it brought the price lower. When I said book this I was put on hold by Mit and he didn't come back for a long time. I called back and he wanted to call me back but I was on break at work so he booked it at the price that was quoted a second time as the first call. He took my number and gave me a confirmation number. I called later that night to get the confirmation number and the girl gave it to me but instead of the AAA rate Mit gave me and I thought I booked, the rate was almost $400. The girl told me I needed to call back in the morning between 8-10 which I did. The girl that answered the phone stated he was just coming in and hold on. She didn't put me on hold so I heard her talk to a gentleman saying I was on the phone and he asked what it was about. The girl replied "I don't know and the man's reply was take a message". The girl came back to me and said "sorry that wasn't him". I explained I heard her conversation and she said he wasn't in and she would have him call me. I explained I needed to go to work and needed to talk to him about the reservation he booked the day before. Her reply was the weekly rate was what was booked. I never explained to her what I was calling for this morning so this place is nothing but LIES!!!! I will be canceling this reservation if Mit ever gets back to me. Customer service and honesty is lacking at this place. This explains why everywhere else around was booked solid and this place still has vacancies. I will respond back if anything changes and change my rating.

Stayed: February 2016
1  Thank brains812

Reviewed 17 February 2016

Daughter came down from NY To visit but wanted to have her own little place to stay. Upon checking it the room had apparently had a mini fridge but someone stole it.
She was given another room.
On her last night after spending a short time in the room visiting with her sister she noticed a roach crawling in her hair.
If your not expecting much this place could be OK. Clost to a lot of things, walking distance to Publix Super Market, Walgreens, CVS, And a few places to eat.

Room Tip: If its a party go pool side.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2016

Bella Oasis is a decent place to stay. True, it is not the Ritz, however, are you paying 5 star prices. We found room 119 to be neat and clean. NO smoke odor. Pillow top mattress was quite comfy. Modern flat screen TV. Good cable service. Fridge and microwave. This is an older property, but being a Florida native, I like the old Florida feel. We enjoyed the bar and grill also. Pricing for food and beverage is reasonable and the food good. We spent 3 nights, including a Saturday, and had no problem with noise. We found the staff efficient and the other guests friendly. Bella Oasis is a fun place to stay. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2016

Sharon at the desk was nice when she checked me in. The room was barely passable, and most likely would have caused my wife to want to stay somewhere else. But I was there on a group trip and I stuck it out. Room also had residual smoke smell.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank ScubaStuke
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

It looks like pet hair and dust built up for a year behind the night stand. Shower is moldy and dirty and gross! Top of the electric outlet is cover in dust. The heating and cooling system has mold in the loovers and very dusty!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angie R
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

This is a good place considering that it only costs about 50 dollars a night. I expected to be worse. The breakfast is really poor but except that everything was just fine. Especially if you only come to homosassa for the manatee tour this motel is fine. Many restaurant in the neighborhood. I would definitely recommend cody's roadhouse for dinner (so good!!)

Stayed: December 2015
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Bathroom shower has no water pressure and not consistent with temperatures, there was only one towel in our room with a 6 person family and our kid went to go get more towels and they would not let us have anymore, stated "we don't have any to just give out to you guys" then kicked my kids out of the pool 45 minutes early when it closed at 9 pm and made them get out at 8:15 saying "well you will freeze anyways." And my "non-smoking" room wreaked of smoke, now all my clothes smell like smoke, it is coming through the vents i think. The reason they call this place oasis is because there is a bar in the motel and there are drunk loud people keeping me awake right now, which is the reason im writing this. Get with the program people.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homosassa
14.3 km away
8.7 km away
Plantation on Crystal River
Plantation on Crystal River
#4 of 9 in Crystal River

Been to Bella Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!