“Great location to drop your head after some surf and that's about it”
Review of Beach House Motel

Beach House Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Indialantic
Boston
“Great location to drop your head after some surf and that's about it”
Reviewed 23 March 2011

My review has two sides.

First, I was in town to visit and surf and needed a place to stay. Places were limited due to spring break. This place was recommended by a family member. It served it's purpose, available room on short notice, near the beach (right on it in fact), a decent price, $85 w/ tax, relative to bigger chains in the area (if they had a vacancy), and access to surf. If you aren't sensitive to cleanliness and any amenities other than a house outside to wash off, then the place is ok, used loosely.

Second part, I would not have brought the wife and niece to this place. There were some bugs, mostly dead, around the room and near the sliding door. Bed and pillows were not very comfortable. I think we were missing comforters. Only provided two towels. We mostly used the beach towels that we brought. Appliances, lights, and windows were in pretty poor shape.

Again, for surf, worth the stay, anything else, avoid this place.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank pgire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
sain simons island georgia
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I guess some people are just snobs! When you first pull up to the place it just sceams old days florida hotel! When you walk into your room you will see a reasonably clean hotel room. Both times i have stayed everything worked just fine,including the refrigerator,phone and ac! What really makes the stay grea t however is when you walk out on the balcony and see the spectacular view of the blue atlantic ocean! I reccomend the third floor! No elevator however. They ALLOW PETS! which suits the australian shepherd Just fine. plenty of resurants and bars within staggering distance make this the perfect low buget getaway. If you are not a snob!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank GunterRall
Ravenna, Ohio
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We stayed here for 6 nights with our 3 children. The view of the beach was beautiful. Not far from stores, laundry mat, etc. Very friendly couple whom what I can tell operate the whole place. Rooms were clean, everything was perfect!!

• Stayed September 2009
colorado
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I've been here more than once and it's a great value and very clean and right on the beach. If you have a concern they will take care of it. You will not find a better value in this area on the beach. Really!!!

Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Poca
Reviewed 19 September 2009

We stayed on the first floor and could see the beach right from my bed. I didn't think it was dirty at all. We stayed longer than we had planned. Another lady there, also on the first floor, stayed for over 2 months.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2009

Stayed here last week, it is an interesting place. From the exterior it looked very nice, freshly painted, it sits right on the beach, just beside the Indiatlantic boardwalk and 3 minute walk to cafes etc. The very bad and disgusting part is the minute you open the door to the room, we looked at 3 and went with the final one, top floor corner. First one was smoking and stale smelling and dark.

The location of this hotel is amazing, walk to cafes, Mexican down the road about 10 minute walk, liquor store also 10 min walk, right on the beach, smell and sound of the surf, balcony you can sit on and watch the sunrise etc... the really down side was the state of the room. It isn't even a star hotel, there were no mattress pads on the beds, rust in the little efficiency sink, carpet in the room so dirty that we wore shoes or flip flops even for a middle of the night bathroom run. Wondered if the toilet and bathroom sink had even been slightly washed. The shower? oh gross, I closed the curtain so as not to see it, but the dirty curtain was clear so not only could I see the filthy shower but the curtain as well. Nasty is how we described it, the general state of the room. Next door the screen was leaning against the outer wall. Spoke to the 'manager' who is the nephew of the owner and he said his uncle doesn't want to put a penny into the place. I understand not wanting to put money in but how about just hiring someone who knows how to clean??? the guy who does the cleaning and beds is a 40 something surfer boy and has an 'arrangement' with the owner, he cleans and gets a place to live in return. It's really sad because this place has immense possibilities, but at this rate it won't be there much longer. If and that's a big IF I were ever to stay here again, I'd only do it if I were local or from say a surrounding area and could bring cleaning supplies. It would take a couple of hours to clean and I would definitely bring my own mattress pad and sheets etc... I would only stay for a 3 days or longer so as to make it worthwhile. The next person would get a treat! The only reason I would ever consider staying here, knowing what the state of the place is, is because of it's location which you just can't beat.

Beware of the undertow and currents in the ocean in front of hotel, there were warnings and my husband went swimming but got tossed by a huge wave and crushed into the sand, it's very dangerous even for strong swimmers. There were lots of surfers obviously because of the size of the waves, but not ideal for swimming.

Am saying I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a friend, but as you can see I'm torn, mainly because of the location and the price $65 a night, but as they say 'you get what you pay for'.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank bananamamma

Travellers are raving about these Indialantic hotels

Poca
Reviewed 11 February 2009

Just showed up there and got a room. We loved it. No phone but we have a cell phone - who doesn't anymore. TOTALLY great - clean, nice people, lets you have pets, next to public access park, and RIGHT on the water. Price good - $65/night in January. We really had a great trip. Little kitchen with fridge. I'll stay again if we ever go back.

• Liked — RIGHT on the beach - 75 ft from water
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cjones_25159
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indialantic
2.0 km away
3.1 km away
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Beach House Motel? Share your experiences!