“Very good food and a nice wine list”
Review of Islands Fish Grill

Islands Fish Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Islands Fish Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 68 Restaurants in Indialantic
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2018

We were referred here by staff at our hotel. It's a small place and could be noisy if a large party is present. Fortunately, the large party left shortly after we arrived and we enjoyed a nice quiet dinner. The restaurant serves only fresh fish and ours was excellent. The fried spinach was a surprise treat. The wine list was not extensive but it offered some good wines at reasonable prices. Service was attentive and nicely paced. It was easy to find and provides parking.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 28, 2018

I know there's a joke in that title but this is a family publication so it'll have to wait.
In the meantime, here's the review.

Small room (not counting the smaller bar area) where the jabberings of the well-oiled/heeled diners become louder and louder as the dinner service progresses.

Nasty smell throughout entire place similar to a bucket of mop water used to clean out truckstop bathrooms. (What? You've never driven long distances?)

Servers kowtowing to blondined preppy families or dowagers from Ancien Regimes propped in corners waiting for their drivers to return.
(I can't make this stuff up. Really. I can't. I left my imagination in college along with my optimism.)

The barmaid finally came over and gave us menus after we waited seven minutes by the Shrewsbury Clock. It was another eleven minutes before someone identified as The Manager came over to ask what we'd like to drink.
Coke or Pepsi, please.
The Thought Balloon over his head clearly read 'Pikers. No booze.'
We never saw him again.
Five minutes after that came The Barmaid.
Sputtering apologies she retrieved our soft drinks and took our order.

We wish she hadn't.
It took another twenty minutes and both fish entrees were rubbery and tasteless.
The mini crab cakes were more cake than crab and they were cold.

The salads were AWOL and we reminded The Barmaid of this when it was time to settle up.

Oh, and the parking situation in the back is nightmarish.

But hey, if you knock back enough CH3CH2OH in its various forms; you'll notice the parking problem as clearly as you'll notice the food and service problems in this joint.

My advice: Just Say No.

2  Thank BluntedHedgehog
Reviewed September 22, 2018

Fish excellent, salad minuscule waited over an hour for our entrees to arrive, noise level terrible, other than well Cooked fish, and very fresh, I would not return

1  Thank jack s
LuvinBeachLife, Owner at Islands Fish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018

Hi Jack S, I am sorry to hear about the service, this is not what we expect from our team. We allot all tables for guests to dine an hour and a half to enjoy their time and have a pleasurable experience. I am pleased to hear you loved the meals and I am sorry for the noise, as with most busy restaurants we struggle with this issue. I reviewed your ticket and visit information and you were seated at 5:54pm and you cashed out at 7:16pm. There is always room for improvement and I'm sure we can do better, I feel that your 3 course meals including appetizer, salads then entrees were served in a reasonable amount of time for a sit down dinner. My name is John the owner and if you could email me the details of your visit so i can better assess and understand what transpired to islandsfishgrill32903@gmail.com or if you prefer to call I can be reached at 321-956-0559 and allow us the opportunity to correct any issues you may have had as we never want a guest to not return. Best Regards, John

Reviewed September 15, 2018

Went to Islands Fish Grill because one of the people in our group had been before and said it was very good. A group of 5 of us went on a Monday early evening after traveling all day and we were definitely hungry wanted something local. We arrive after 5:30pm and the place was not as busy but did pick up later. We all ordered seafood and drinks and my meal was the snapper grilled you had a choice of blackened or seasoned and 2 sides. My sides were fried spinach which melted in my mouth and cheesy green beans. Everything was very flavorful and delicious. Would highly recommend for local seafood.

1  Thank Lseclp

Thank You so much for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again. Best Regards, John

Reviewed September 6, 2018

I started with a cup of the lobster bisque which was thickened with too much starch. The lasting taste on my palate was the starch. My entree was the herbed chicken. My first bite tasted aweful - hard to explain, like bad meat. Then I noticed the thick area was pink in the middle. The wait staff was very efficient in getting the chicken cooked again. However, that aweful taste was still there. I suspected the fish was bad and only ate a small portion. My stomach issues later confirmed something was amiss. However, the cubed potatoes and the sauce was delicious. Also, the asparagus was very good. My husband had the snapper with jerk seasoning. The snapper was not a filet it came in pieces. The overall flavor was mediocre. But the fact he pieces rather than a filet may have contributed to this.
The wait staff are excellent. And, my husband has celiac which the chef was excellent in accommodating. Unfortunately, for us the food quality fell short. We were so disappointed as we are looking for good GF restaurants which are limited in the area.

1  Thank Golfer142
LuvinBeachLife, Owner at Islands Fish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Thank you for choosing to dine with our small family run restaurant, and for taking time to acknowledge our culinary team's ability to meet your husband's dietary needs. As we do with all food allergy and sensitivity issues, we take the many steps necessary to ensure food safety, including ensuring that we do not utilize BAD MEAT. We had 6 other diners that night have the same Herbed chicken and everyone enjoyed it and without a single issue. As for our fish we have both our federal and state wholesale licenses and receive our fish daily, fresh and whole so it is quality checked daily NOT frozen or pre portioned. All our fish is fileted on site which is why it is not machine cut portioned. My wife personally took your reservation and noted all the aforementioned to you over the phone and your server Jen also reiterated this along with crab bisque, which you ordered she stated is not gluten free. The Crab Bisque is one of our top items as you can see from other reviews. After reviewing this with my team and reviewing the video footage, when your meal concluded we were not afforded any opportunity to prepare you a new dish or prepare something else for you on our menu that you would have enjoyed. Our Manager Matt was at your table and spoke with you and your husband directly and he was very pleased with his Snapper dish. However, during your discussion with him you made no mention of being dissatisfied with your dish or when you left. We take pride in both our food and service which you can see through all local and visitor reviews. But Communication is a two way street and not an after the fact through a computer! While we are deeply apologetic for your perception of a poor experience. I would love the opportunity to speak to you directly, if so inclined please feel free to reach out to me at 321-956-0559 and ask for John Williams, I am the Owner.