“Loved the availability to the beach!”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 11 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Sharon A
“Loved the availability to the beach!”
Reviewed 11 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

I really Liked the cottage. The tile floors and furniture were great. I also liked having a washer and dryer. The pool and hot tub were fabulous and the trees and plants were lovely. It was cold a few nights we were there. When we tried to use the furnace it didn't work. We called the owner and he responded very quickly. He brought a portable heater and he stayed until he was sure the furnace was working. He was very nice and prompt. We will definately stay again and I would recommend the cottage to others.
I would like to suggest that the owner provide measuring cups and sharp knives for those who may like to cook while there. Also just a question, would it be feasible to have a grill or not logistically possible? Theses suggestions in no way would stop us for staying again.
It was wonderful to be so near to the beach and we were able. To walk to some good resturants!

Travelling group: Extended Family
colleenn1...
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

We just got back from our vacation at Sun Tiki Cottages. We stayed at the largest of the cottages: Sand Castle. Beautiful old Florida home! There were 7 of us and had plenty of room. We were part of a larger family gathering staying nearby and all agreed that we rented the best place! The house was very well-equipped and maintained - it was just as advertised. We took advantage of both the pool and hot tub, and the walk to the beach was a breeze. Really, it took no longer than it would have to stay beachfront! I hesitate to give Sun Tiki an outstanding review - we would love to keep it our little secret. But, since I rely on TripAdvisor so often when planning a vacation, I feel I must be honest. If you're looking for an escape from the big condos you find so often on the beach - check out Sun Tiki. You will not regret it!

Liked best: The house!
Liked least: Thin walls to the outside - but should be expected. It is an old house!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
NauticalE...
Columbus, Ohio
“Perfect alternative to a hotel”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

This property consists of 4 cottages surrounding a very nice pool area and a 60 second walk to the beach. We stayed in the Castaway Cottage which was a 1 BR 1 Bath with a small living room (couch and TV) and full kitchen. It also included a washer and dryer. It was the perfect size for me and my wife for a week, and we really could have enjoyed it as an extended stay as well.

It is very close to the beach and the unit had beach chairs and towels, and also a beach umbrella. The location is absolutely perfect. It is a 5 minute walk to most of the restaurants and bars in the area, and more options are within a 30 minute walk. Lots of choices for eating and drinking.

The cottage was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had a few questions when we first checked in and the owner was very responsive and personable when we contacted him.

The pool area was really nice. Beautiful landscaping, clean, and very well done. There was only one other couple staying in the cottages while we were there and it was very quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed the pool area when it was a little chilly on the beach.

Indian Rocks beach is more of a residential area with no high rises and we really liked the area a lot. We will definitely be back and will certainly stay again at the Sun Tiki Cottages.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the pool area.
TClouse
Liberty, Missouri
“We return here every year since we started going to IRB in 2009”
Reviewed 18 June 2013 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

We stayed in the smaller cabin (castaway) for our honeymoon in 2009 and try to return here every year. We've stayed in both castaway and tiki cottages and cannot complain about one thing. We were even allowed to come in a day early on one trip with the kids because the cabin was open and our hotel was so cramped...no problem. If you are looking for clean and comfortable accomodations at a great price less than a minutes walk to an unbeatable beach then this is it. We stayed here both before the pool was installed and after, so the pool is nice for the kids most definitely a good add-on for the property. There is a seafood restaurant 'crabby bill's' right across the street that has nightly entertainment and good food...also a few restaurants/bars within walking distance that have live music and good food. It is a quiet area though and meant for beach vacation. If you want shopping and more action, John's Pass is just few miles down the beach. Here you can rent waverunners, go on dolphin sightseeing tours...you won't have to though because if you just sit on the boardwalk you can see dolphins and all sorts of sea life from the restaurants. We did the haunted tour one year and it was amusing...found a store we frequent on line called 'spice and tea exchange'...awesome spices we keep buying over and over.

The only thing negative I could say about the area is that for teens and tweens, this is not a high energy 'entertain me constantly' type of spot. The city beaches are close if you want that type of thing. This is an isolated, laid back, enjoy the beach type of place. Nothing negative to say about the cottages or G. Day....the cottages are old, yes...so what, many of the best places to visit are old...some of us find it charming. If you want the fancy resort experience, book the hilton over at clearwater. You'll pay a lot more and you can get room service....it's all just a matter of what you want out of your trip.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximety to the beach
Liked least: No negatives
Your age range 35-49
Families with young children
mytwodogs...
Euclid, Ohio
“VERY CLEAN!!!! BEST ON THE BEACH!!”
Reviewed 14 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

ThIs was the best deal in town, and sooooooooo close to ocean just steps way!!, wonderful owners., very clean and updated . you just have to stay here you will love it!! IT, Thanks. DAVE AND DARLENE.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cottage the pool, everything lol!!
Liked least: could use a small trash can in bedrooms that's all.
Families with young children
Lanai_Kon...
Fairmont, West Virginia
“Comfotrable bed, but too loud!!!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2012 for a stay in March 2012
person found this review helpful

We were allured by the Sleep number bed- comfortable beds are very important to us. The noise in the place was horrible though. If we had to do it again, would look elsewhere!

Good Points
1. The bed was super comfortable. What else can you say, it was a sleep number. Sheet quality was good.
2. Right on the beach access
3. Clean kitchen, with working appliances and washer dryer.
4. Pool area clean.
5. reasonably priced.

Bad Points
1. Walls were thin. Right on the main road. Incredibly noisy. Could here kids skate boarding, talking, etc. ALL night long. Second bedroom has the pool pump next to it- could here that cycling on/off all night long.
2. Couldn't see the beach (in fairness- it is never advertised as such).
3. Lots of traffic- had to keep curtains closed all day for any privacy.
4. Bathroom was horribly small and outdated. The window was broken (had plastic covering it- looked like a long term, not short term solution). Very small- hardly and room for the toilet. Certainly only one person could use at a time.
5. Advertised flat panel TVs- this was true only in the master bedroom.

Liked best: Sleep Number bed
Liked least: Incredibly noisy
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
23 Jun 2012
I am dis-appointed that you did not enjoy your stay, your response is my very first negative comment on our property, but I would like to address some in-accurracies in your statement.
Our cottages are Old Florida cottages, not a newly constructed condo, which is why most guests stay with us.
1. The pool pump is timed to run from 9AM till 5PM, then from 5AM to 7AM to ensure the pool is adequatedly heated for guests who enjoy warm morning swims. It does not cycle off/on all night long, as I could not afford the electric/gas bills that would entail. I personally believe it was the A/C systems you heard, which is out of my control as to when it goes on and off, that is set by the guest. The pool motor makes very little sound.
2. Beach views can be had from two of our other cottages, but all our guests (for whatever reason:ie:price) choose the cottage they want to stay in, I do not assign cottages. If this was important to them, I don't understand why they would not have chosen a cottage with a view, and away from the street...
3.Bathroom is small, but was redone just over a year ago to include a new IKEA sink/faucet, lighting,new tub and tiling, toilet, flooring and glass mosiaics. Outdated??
4. Window is not broken, it is an old Florida jalousy window which is not the best insulater, so I did put plastic over it to keep heat/ac from leaking out, which I then covered with a blind.
5. I am a larger man, who has no problem using the toilet or bath, which in a private bathroom, is used one person at a time.
6. Of the three TV's in the cottage they chose, two are flat panel, not one. Both the Master bedroom and guest bedroom have flat panel TV's in them, one wall mounted and one inside a TV armoire. The third TV is a large 36" TV located in the LR entertainment center, but is a good quality TV that is working...As a small business owner I have to make sound purchase decisions that not only provide for guest happiness but are economic and good for my business too.
7. The windows facing the street have been lined with reflective window coating to: 1. Reduce the heat coming in thru the glass and 2. to provide privacy. We also put interior blinds for added privacy. In the daytime, no one can see thru the glass due to the reflective nature of the coating, so there was no need to keep curtains closed.
Again, some of these issue's could have been avoided had the guest simply told me about them during their stay, not three months later thru this review.
Again, I'm very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and wont return, I do understand that our cottages can never meet everyones expectations, but we certainly do try. I just wish that you had given me the opportunitiy during your stay to address your concerns instead of posting this review three months after your stay as I take these reviews very seriously. I do appreciate your review and wish you well.
Niagara Falls NY
Reviewed 2 June 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$1,895
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing