All reviews jc resorts living room covered parking king bed across the street unit master gulf vacation beach bedding bath
Reviewed July 28, 2015 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Hamilton House for the second summer in a row along with other family members that occupied three other rooms there. We were very disappointed with unit 303 when compared to the units that our family members were staying in. We all paid the same price for our units, but we got the raw end of the deal.

First of all, the only update made to the unit was the kitchen sink, counter tops and cabinets. You would think that if they updated the kitchen a little bit they would definitely update the original oven it came qith. When I went to bake dinner I noticed that the oven is so old you can't even read the temperature knob. Someone did a poor job to trying to write the temps in with a sharpie, therefore ended up burning a couple dishes. Not only was there a bad knob on the oven, but had a broken off knob on the washing machine too.

My husband wanted to watch TV and went to turn it on, only to find a clicker with no numbers or guide on it. When the TV was turned on, it wasn't very clear. The cable man came the day before we left and let us know that there was no cable box and fixed it. Good for the next renters.

The decor in the unit was nice if you loved the 80's. From the pictures on the wall, furniture to the bedspreads, it was in need of serious updating. I understand that it is a beach condo and doesn't have to be top of the line, but you should definitely be in line with what you pay.

The kitchen and bathroom had no mats in them and you couldn't find a throw blanket for the sofa anywhere.

Hamilton House is a nice place to stay, just don't recommend staying in this particular unit when you can get a nicer one for the same price.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank atlantic234
JCResorts, Manager at Hamilton House Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review 303 - I shared this information with the owner who has taken your suggestions to heart. He will be replacing the appliances, art work and updating the carpet to tile immediately. Thanks again! Holly

Reviewed July 9, 2015

The only reason I only gave this rental a 4 is because I found the kitchen supplies to be a bit lacking. If you do any more than light cooking, you will want to bring your own supplies. Personally, I would add a baking sheet, some decent cutting knives, mixing bowls, and better pans. I also couldn't figure out where to put my groceries. The 2 places that could be used as the pantry were taken up with other items. The master closet was taken up with misc. items as well. The 2nd bedroom had the most closet space. The updates are really nice, though. Granite countertops & white beadboard everywhere. Really nice. Tiled walk-in shower in the master and your own door to the balcony.

I liked being on the bottom floor because I could use the stairs but be warned that the covered parking is directly below your room. Also, the sliding doors are heavy so it takes a harder push but then they move really quickly so they are easy for everyone to slam. We heard a ton of slammed sliding doors and other people probably heard mine when my 6-yr old closed the door.

Anywho, the location is fantastic. Right across the street (literally) are 2 restaurants as well as the Beach Fresh Market. The owners of the market are super nice. They sell fresh produce as well as some prepared items.

The water & beach in front of the condos are fantastic. Very calm & shallow water.

I sound like I'm complaining but I would stay here again. I just wish they would invest in some better kitchen supplies but I like to cook a lot. Usually, there is at least some salt & pepper left behind from other guests but seriously, there is not one thing there.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2015

We recently retuned from a relaxing vacation at Hamilton House unit 104 on Indian rocks beach. We very much enjoyed this unit. The views were breathtaking. The unit vas very clean and it perfect working order but is in need of slight updating. We really enjoyed local restaurants and ice cream shops. We traveled with a group who stayed in unit 105 and both units had small children. We really enjoyed unit 105 too. The corner unit was wonderful. It was really nice to be able to come and go from the beach as we liked. The beach itself was not crowded and very nice. We hope to return to this site again on future visits and try other units. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Myersvacay2015
Reviewed March 13, 2015

My husband and I and our friends stayed in unit #105 the first week of March 2015. Very nice unit located in the corner. Overall very nice, but could have been a little cleaner. Carpets should be replaced. I really don't think housekeeping cleaned before we came. But, the area was very nice and restful, close to everything we needed. Would like to rent another unit, maybe on the upper floor next year. Thanks again and hope to be there next year.!! Beachlover 102

Room Tip: Corner units are very nice
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Beachlover102
Reviewed October 23, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful center, top floor condo directly overlooking the beach and ocean. Swimming pol is just to the balcony's right below. Very well equipped, clean, comfortable, close to many local restaurants, grocery, pharmacy. Condo was just as photos portrayed. Trolley bus stop out in front and down less than 1/2 block. Ride to Clearwater or St. Pete or anywhere in between. Condo had beach chairs, umbrella, mats, toys you can take down the private beach access path and enjoy on a beautiful, uncrowded beach. Walk for miles in either direction. Condo also.had a laptop and printer, very convenient. Washer and dryer comes in handy when packing clothes. We enjoyed every minute we were there. There are a couple of quirks like blinds that didn't quite fully meet in the middle when closed, sheets could be upgraded a bit, the 2nd bedroom window is on a common outdoor hallway but that's just how the building is built. My wife and I would not hesitate to rent this gorgeous, well laid out condo again in the future and I'm sure we will. Thanks go to the owners for making this unit available for others to enjoy.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends