We stayed at 810 Gulfside for ten days in February 2012. We travelled from the UK and did a lot of research in advance as to where to stay. I found Lee to be very helpful with the booking and he was willing to negotiate on price.
The accomodation was easy to find and we checked in out of hours and there were no problems, the lights were left on for us and the keys readily available. A list of local restaurants was left for us too.
Mary was brilliant in giving us ideas of places to visit and Lee and Paul were also very helpful. We used the bikes to go for a mamouth bike ride and ended up cycling around 15 miles, its all pretty flat so it was not to difficult. There is a bike trail nearby, but it is quite a ride to the trail. Cycling is easy and safe in the whole area though.
The property has a pool area and is right on the beach. There are six different apartments and we were in number six, which is right next to the road and does not have a sea view. It does have a patio to sit on, although there are some trees it does look straight on to the pavement. If you are a light sleeper and traffic noise disturbs you I would suggest you don't opt for number 5 or 6. The traffic noise did stop in the night for a few hours, but it is quite a busy road. You would get traffic noise with any property if it was not overlooking the beach as all the properties in the area are on Gulf Blvd and either look onto the beach or the road depending on whether you are at the front or the back. Parking is available. They also have Kyaks you can use foc and there are loungers on the beach for guests use. The pool area is very pleasant and we met other guests there.
The apartment was clean, the kitchen facilities were limited, this didnt bother us too much as we ate out most of the time, but there was no kettle so it wasn't possible to make a coffee. Having said that, I am sure we could have asked for one.
There were plenty of restaurants within walking distance, and we did not need to take the car every evening to eat out. Suggest you try, Salt Rock Grill for delicious steaks, within walking distance there is Keegans, Guppys and Crabby Bills to name but a few, all have reviews on this site.
We went for lots of walks on the beach, you can walk for miles.
There is also good shopping nearby, there is an outlet mall at Ellenton which was good and plenty of shopping in Tampa which isnt far away.
We had a great time and would definately return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gulfside Resorts welcomes you to our exquisite collection of Florida beach cottages and suites. We are located in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, a charming coastal village, just a few miles from Tampa, Clearwater and St. Petersburg. Indian Rocks Beach is the ideal destination for families and couples longing for a relaxing getaway on the gorgeous Gulf beaches of Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de so you can book your Gulfside Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gulfside Hotel Indian Rocks Beach
- Gulfside Resorts Indian Rocks Beach, Florida