“A friend took me here for my birthday last July,”
Review of Salt Rock Grill

Salt Rock Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Salt Rock Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This beach landmark is legendary, and it’s still on fire with a burning passion for delectable food, enticing drink and pleasurable surroundings. For an evening of fine dining, elegant atmosphere, superior service and genuine hospitality, Salt Rock Grill is your destination.Come by land or sea and enjoy the finest dining location in Tampa Bay.St. Petersburg Times–"The first modern surf and turf joint on the beaches still packs them in with red-hot, straight-ahead cooking. Steaks are first-rate, lobsters monstrous, wine cellar deep, seafood and fish souped up in spicy broth. The unexpected treats are root vegetables, lentils and smart spicing"
Reviewed August 15, 2017

This place is amazing! He and his girlfriend drove from Sarasota to take me out for dinner, and I was blown away the place was great.The food was amazing. There were six of us. I just stayed down the street this past week and had plans on going but we went hard rock. I will go back.

BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Salt Rock Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Thank you for the 5 star rating! We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,687)

Reviewed August 15, 2017

I went for dinner with my 17 year old daughter who is very picky. We sat outside and enjoyed the breeze from the Intercoastal. She ordered the Tuna appetizer- it was the best I have ever had!

Reviewed August 14, 2017

A friend recommended this place and we are so glad that we went. This place is a must if you are in the area. The food was good and service was good. I would recommend to get there before six or 5:30pm for dinner. Before six, they have a dinner club that enables you to get a salad, entrée and small dessert (small but wonderful) for a very reasonable price. Before 5:30, there is an early bird dinner if you want to order something a little more high end at a reasonable price.
If you like a very lean filet, I would not recommend the filet because it is a little more marbled than I care for but the wedge salad, cauliflower side, peach cobbler and bread with their special spread is amazing. My friend had the chicken cordon bleu and it was excellent. Thank you Salt Rock for the experience and great food.

BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Salt Rock Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Reviewed August 13, 2017

We were fortunate to find a large table in the bar area for seating as the restaurant was exceptionally busy on Saturday night. We always enjoy coming to Salt Rock Grill when we are down in Pinellas County (we live in Pasco, the county to the north). We and our out of town relatives had a great meal and enjoyed the Russian Mule cocktails! The Grouper Chowder was exceptional. The Snapper Oscarized was wonderful. Dipping oil for break could use a LOT less salt would be our only negative. The Warm Apple Crisp with Bourbon Sauce and Ice Cream was a nice ending for the meals.

1  Thank carolkemp

Thank you for the 5 star rating and all of the fabulous feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back!

Reviewed August 13, 2017

Great dining experience as always. The service was always on point, and even better now than ever! We went for an early dinner. Our server, Maggie, was absolutely wonderful. She was friendly, attentive, and went above and beyond. Outstanding service. This is truly a 5 star restaurant. I couldn't find one bad thing to say. Oh and the food is AMAZING. We've been coming here periodically for 4 years now. My husband proposed to me there. It's truly a great locale. Must go!

Thank you for the 5 star rating! We appreciate your detailed review and are happy that you have spent various special occasions with us! We look forward to having you back!