“The happiest family experience ever!”
Review of Sun Burst Inn

Sun Burst Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Indian Shores
Reviewed 17 January 2012

this neat little get-a-way won't let you want to go anywhere else ! Great Gulf view,private beach,each room unique,and most of all the owners who are warm,welcoming ,friendly and just let their guests relax, enjoythemselves and make them want to come back over and over again.
There were 12 of us last time we were there and not one complaint from owners Other guests were also friendly.
Mike and Marilyn..we are so glad you are back!!

Jane Sarris and Family.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 December 2011

I found this place through a hotel search site and it was very cheap. I figured it was going to be really run down and in the middle of the city, but to my shock, it was right on the beach and it was very well kept. We were passing through on a trip all around the Florida coast, and stopped here before heading to Miami. We liked it so much we stayed an extra night and upgraded to the best room for half price! The beach has some of the nicest sand in Florida, I wish I took a bag home with me! The owners were super nice and helped us figure out fun things to do while we stayed there. When it came time to leave, they let us have all the time we needed to pack up and even let us hang out on the beach before we actually left. If I ever go back to Florida, I'll certainly come here again!

Room Tip: Go for the room that overlooks the Ocean, nothing like it!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I had a great 7 day stay(Oct 30,2011-Nov 6,2011) at SunBurst with my 2 pet parrots. Originally checked the place out because I wanted a place where I could bring along my pets. After talking with Mike and viewing the property, I was hooked. I'm looking to go for another stay in early summer 2012. If you love the beach and have pets that come along on your travels, this is absolutely THEE BEST place to choose for your beach vacation experience...period!

Here's why you should stay at SunBurst...

It's right on a super beautiful beach.
The price is right.
Your pets can stay for free.
You can use SNAP fitness club to workout for free.
Very laid back, true beach ambiance.
The building has an awesome, and very appealing quaintness about it.
The rooms are perfect with everything you need for a long stay.
Restaurants, bars, shops, and other entertainment is in walking distance.
The coffee cups in the rooms are neat-o.(I bought 2 'cause I like 'em!)
And last, but definitely not least...and also most importantly...the owners/managers, Mike and Marilyn Grimes really friendly and they're very cool people!

STAY AT SUNBURST!

Room Tip: Just stay at SunBurst and you'll see!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 December 2011

GREAT place for such an amazing price! This is one of the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed. A rare family owned place. We stayed at Sun Burst for 3 Days and 2 Nights while looking around Clearwater for a possible move to the area. I'm cheap and convinced my wife to save money by booking Sun Burst. She is used to staying at 4 and 5 star hotels and had intrepidation about staying at such an inexpensive hotel. Once we got there and met the owners and saw the beautiful location, she immediately fell in love with the place. The location was RIGHT on the beach, convenient to everything. The hotel was clean, had a mini fridge and kitchenette. Does yourself a favor and save your money and stay at the Sun Burst.... the money you save you can spend at the great local restaurants and do all the fun activities Clearwater has to offer.

Room Tip: Go eat at Conch Republic and get the Mussels Diablo - WOW! also go eat at Island Way Grill on Island...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jax2Clearwater
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We stayed at the Sun Burst during our transition of moving from one place to another. They are directly on the beach. They offer a BBQ where you can BBQ your food and sit out and eat overlooking the ocean. It promotes a great atmosphere to talk with the other guests! The rooms are lovely with a kitchenette and personal touches.
The best part is how warm the owners are. They live there and go out of their way to make you feel special. I would highly recommend this for yourselves or for a visiting relative. I plan on booking it for my Aunt at Christmas. Great value!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cfuchs57
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed at The Sun Burst Inn for 2 nights just after Thanksgiving. The Inn was the best! We had a very relaxing time while our grandson played with other kids staying at the Sun Burst. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Owners are great fun!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2011

This place was amazing! It was perfect in every way! The owners are very friendly and down-to-earth! The room was clean and cozy with a beachy feel! The private beach was beautiful and there were plenty of lawn chairs and umbrellas provided for the guests. It was peaceful and relaxing. I am a native Floridian and have stayed at many hotels on the beach and The Sun Burst is number one on my list! I don't think I will ever stay anywhere but here from now on!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
The Hotel Sol
#1 of 4 in Redington Beach
4.2 km away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
8.4 km away
Barefoot Beach Hotel
Barefoot Beach Hotel
#3 of 15 in Madeira Beach
3.4 km away
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
7.2 km away
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Sun Burst Inn? Share your experiences!