Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
south carolina
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Stayed for a short time while having medical tests at Mayo. Met expectations and is very convienent.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Arabic first
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 18 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here while working a catering in Jacksonville. I called them to let them we would be arriving very late, after midnight. The woman on the phone said to drive very careful and take good care to arrive safely! Who says that? I was totally blown away. We ended up extending our stay by one day because the staff was so accommodating and nice. The beds were great, the room was very clean and the black out shades on the windows are stellar!

Whoever manages this hotel should give each staff member a raise! They are amazing!

Room Tip: We had a room with the whirlpool tub in it. We did not use it, and it takes up most of the room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Northern NY
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I stayed at the Hampton while on business in the North Florida area. The hotel was situated close to a few restaurants and shops. Getting to the beach after working all day was easy. The staff was very friendly and helpful, giving me directions to area attractions and restaurants. Would go back again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We stayed in this hotel while attending a nearby wedding. It was a convenient location between the wedding and nightlife in Jax beach. Check in was great and the room was very nice. We didn't get much sleep though. Being right next to the ice machine and elevator we were waking up every 20-30 minutes. In the morning the housekeeper woke us up knocking at our door. We wanted to go for a swim in the morning, but the pool was full of leaves. I don't think that it's too much to expect the pool to be clean and usable at 10am in Florida. Upon checkout the front desk clerk asked how our stay was. I voiced my concerns and all I got was a "I'll pass it along." Over all it was not an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel for six days/seven nights during airline training. I can't say much for the "value" because the airline paid for it, however, it was extremely comfortable!! Rates online are competitive for all that you get. Each room was extremely clean!! The bathrooms were gorgeous and housekeeping is top notch. The rooms come with a small fridge and microwave. I couldn't afford to eat out everyday so I brought a weeks worth of food with me and it worked out. Breakfast is free downstairs everyday at 6am (Waffles, bacon, variety of cereal, fruit, muffins & donuts - free cookies and juice throughout the day) Another perk was Free Wi Fi in the room, so you didn't have to sit in the lobby like at some hotels. The pool was nice. The fitness room was kind of small. Only cardio equipment, good quality. If I go back for more training, I want to stay here. A home away from home. One downside, teeny tiny thing - walls are kinda thin - you can hear people talk (if their loud), the phone ring, and the shower running in the adjacent room.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Springbrook Township
Reviewed 28 June 2011

While walking in cities across America and back with 2 brain tumors and a walker for the brain tumor charity Miles For Hope, my co-walker and I stayed at this hotel in the Jacksonville-Ponte Vedra Beach area of Florida. The service from the staff was warm and courteous and the room was simply wonderful. We loved our stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone traveling in the Jacksonville-Ponte Vedra Beach area of Florida either for personal reasons or on business.

Room Tip: Tell them Harold from HaroldSays referred you
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Georgia
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Great hotel in an excellent location. We stayed here because my husband had an appointment at Mayo Clinic, which is only about 2 miles away. There is also shopping and restaurants within walking distance. The staff was extremely nice and helpful, the room was spotless, and the bed was very comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
5.3 km away
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
3.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.1 km away
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
5.5 km away
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
3.9 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
7.8 km away
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area? Share your experiences!