“Best crab cakes, next only to those in Baltimore, MD”
Review of Marlin Moon Grille - CLOSED

Marlin Moon Grille
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Eat Drink Fish!! Is a perfect slogan for this fine casual dining spot. The cozy bar is lively with a cast of characters in front of and behind the bar, which was made to resemble the transom of a sport fishing boat, "The Pretty Work" from Islamorada, FL. The signature adult beverage is the Orange Crush. You gotta try one!! Food wise it's all about the Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, fresh local Mayport seafood with beef, pork and chicken options available. Marlin Moon Grille was the recipient of the 2009 People's Choice, Restaurant Association of Maryland's Favorite Restaurant Award before relocating to Jax Beach.
Reviewed 23 November 2015

Someone from Maryland told me about Marlin Moon Grille and that that there was some tie there with authentic Chesapeake Bay Seafood cuisine. And they were right. I used to go to Baltimore on business and have compared their prepared seafood, especially crab cakes, to those around the country. Marlin Moon has the best outside of Baltimore, bar none.

Reviewed 21 November 2015 via mobile

I'm from the eastern shore of va and have been craving fresh seafood and finally found a place that does it right!! Best crabcakes I've had in a long while! I don't understand why it wasn't busy on a Saturday night...?

Reviewed 17 November 2015

We purchased a Groupon type deal for this restaurant which is how I usually try new places so in case it's not awesome, at least it was discounted. We decided to give Markin Moon a try on a Tuesday night. So glad we did. They had an extensive selection of specialty cocktails. We enjoyed our blackened mahi very much. But if I had to pick just one thing to rave about, it would be the "dynamite shrimp" appetizer. The amount of cooking on the large, local shrimp was perfect. Beside the yummy seasoning, the texture was amazing .... not under or over cooked. Just absolutely perfect. And our waitress was an absolute doll. I would return and /or recommend.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

They have outstanding quality on their food. When family comes from out of town, this is our first pick for seafood. All the seafood is great, but the shrimp might be their best thing on the menu.

1  Thank Matt M
Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

Wow was I so impressed by the food and service. I am a Maryland girl so crab cakes are my thing. And I have to say these are the best I have ever had! No filler big chunks of crab meat, I loved the island aioli that came with it. I had the scallops as an appetizer they were cooked perfectly and dessert you could tell was made that day there, and looked and tasted amazing! Can't wait to go back. The chef even took his time to talk to us. Again can't wait to come back in!

1  Thank Samantha K