Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Best Western Oceanfront(Jacksonville Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Seawalk Hotel and Spa(Jacksonville Beach)
  • Restaurant
Great 4.5/5
Holiday Inn Express(Jacksonville Beach)
Very Good 4/5
One Ocean Resort & Spa(Atlantic Beach)
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfire pitocean viewomelet stationacross the streetpool areastarbucks coffeeoceanfront roomchairs and umbrellasbreakfast buffetgreat oceanfrontstaff was friendlyfront desk staffnice propertyhigher flooroutdoor barpool and hot tubwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard in Jacksonville Beach. Nice amenities, with a pool, hot tub, fire pit. Excellent access to the beach. Friendly staff. One downside, I could not use my Marriott points for an oceanfront room.

Room Tip: Go for the room with a view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
CourtyardOcean, Guest Services Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to respond on trip advisor regarding your stay at the Courtyard Oceanfront by Marriott in Jacksonville Beach, FL. We love to hear from all of our guests so that we know what we need to do to improve our hotel. I am not sure which week you stayed, but unless we are sold out of oceanfront rooms we do try to upgrade our guests that are staying on points. We know that those points were hard earned and we like to award you with oceanfront if available.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We had a room facing the ocean, so nice to open door and hear the roar of the waves crashing day and night...and being able to sit out on the balcony and take it all in was very relaxing. The room was nice and tidy and had small fridge and microwave. There are plenty of restaurants nearby - which is handy as hotel doesn't offer room service - there is breakfast dining though.
Beach very easy to access, hotel abuts the beach....just a walk through the lobby - past the pool and open fire pit - and down a few steps and there it is...if you are after blue / turquoise ocean - this is not the place.
Had a nice Thai curry from the restaurant 2 blocks in front of hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a sea view and balcony to make most of your stay.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma R
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Front desk staff is always super nice. They have recommended restaurants close by that have been just what I was craving.

The rooms are large and I love sitting on my balcony overlooking the ocean. It is great to check in after work, shuck the work clothes, put on some shorts and go walk the beach. Now that is stress relief!! The beach here is really nice.

Internet connection is great, they have a full breakfast buffet, a nice lounge area and a huge patio off of the lounge so you can relax and watch the waves & gulls. And the firepit on the patio is awesome on chilly nights.... yes, it gets chilly in Jax in the winter!!

While this is not terribly convenient to my customers, I make the extra drive just to stay here.
The little Starbuck's up the street is cute and convenient for a quick breakfast.

Room Tip: Go for the Oceanfront - it is worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The first time I came here my stay was a bit disappointing but I brought it to the GM's attention and I gave them another shot...Here is an email from me to the GM after our stay:

Thanks for the follow up and sorry I did not give feedback sooner.

Our stay on Saturday night exceeded our expectations and we came in with expectations set high...

Your staff was VERY friendly and our rooms were great. We duplicated our plans from the last time: dinner, a few drinks out, and the hot tub. It was a great night and everything went superb. Lt. Goguen (who drove 7 hours down here) was also very impressed. We are most likely going to make this a yearly tradition at your particular location.

You have more than made up for a bad experience. Thank you again.

PS: Please feel free to pass my remarks to corporate, or if you would like, I can, just let me know.

Room Tip: ocean view is well worth a few extra dollars.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank applewhitegroup
Reviewed 26 January 2012

This property is right on the sand, with a decent bar, outdoor seating, and a fire pit. Service was good all around.

Room Tip: While most rooms face the ocean, many on the 2nd floor are completely blocked by another part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business