All reviews fire pit across the street ocean view omelet station pool area starbucks coffee oceanfront room chairs and umbrellas breakfast buffet staff was friendly hot tub an umbrella higher floor front desk staff nice property would definitely stay here again nice pool
Reviewed October 30, 2018

Whatt a great place to stay which could have been made even better if not for the 4.95 showerhead. I don't understand why Hotels think they are saving water when they dull your overall experience. The service and the resteraunt as well as our room was great with an outstanding view.

Room tip: Try and get a room with a view if the Beach it is outstanding.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed October 3, 2018

My Husband & I wanted a very close to home getaway (as we have small kids ^& it was our wedding anniversary). We chose to stay here over the weekend & I have to say, it was delightful. We had a 2nd story Balcony Room that overlooked the pool & Beach. It was private enough to let the door open as we slept to get in the beautiful beach air & hear the waves crash until it got too hot, then we left it cracked. It was a nice get away with a fridge, coffee maker (TOTALLY a must for me.. Haha) , a nice bathroom, clean & Totally cute Couch & set up! The Breakfast was Nice, so I HIGHLY suggest getting a breakfast added to your room so it is all inclusive, instead of going somewhere else to eat so you can stay comfy, not even having to leave unless you walk somewhere. Now, The Parking was PITZ & Hardly avail. They used the Hotel across the street for extra Parking which really stinks if you have things to carry, So my advice & get there early & Park in early for the night. Walk to wherever you are going & keep it easy for a Low Energy, Relaxing.. Stay. It was quiet & I Like Quiet. If you have a lot of Children, I would suggest to pick another place, just because guests at this place were more of the 18+ range & probably would appreciate a more adult setting as it's a bit pricy & is a place that seems to appreciate the quiet. I'm sure relaxation is a high priority for many, like it was for us. The Staff was AMAZING. We had a bottle of Champaign there waiting for us & thought it was so kind! Thank you for keeping us in a quiet room for Much needed R&R. (We have 6 Children, so we were looking for something that was more adult oriented. ) The Only Things we did not like were the kids Screaming in the pool when we were trying to have alone time so maybe a higher Floor would have been better though I still wanted to hear the waves crashing so Parents, I understand how hard it is to control volume on children. I have 6, so I get it. . Just please be aware that there may be another Mom & Dad There trying to get the only R&R they have had in a year or two & keep it down, as much as possible or skip the pool until tired & go Direct for the beach to get all their energy out first! That is what I would do IF I HAD to bring them there. The Parking was very Minimum, also. I feel they should assign spots to a car to avoid get togethers on kinds from taking spots.

Room tip: Park in Early & Walk to your Destinations if Can. It's Relaxing & if a couple, may be just PERFECT that way.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank angeliamikell
Reviewed October 1, 2018

First off Marriott continues to please. Pam, Cameron, Tamara, Nicole, Allison, Kim, Desi, Niles, Robin and the bartender at the pool bar. All we came in contact with were awesome, the Marriott way. All were eager to please. Ocean Front 7th floor and real close to heaven. What a great way to celebrate and only 25 minutes from home.

Room tip: Ocean front. Spend the extra and go to a high floor
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2018

The hotel has a lot of oceanfront rooms with great views of the Atlantic Ocean. The rooms are good size and the TV is large and High Definition. There is a Bistro on the first floor that has many good food choices as well as specialty drinks and beers. The handmade Margarita is particularly good. The location is also excellent for going to other attractions such at the TPC Sawgrass Golf Course and even to St Augustine for a day trip. There is a large pool, a hot tub, and an outdoor fire pit with chairs for relaxing and having a cocktail. Service was excellent both in the Bistro and by the hotel staff. My opinion is that it is the best place to stay on Jacksonville Beach.

Room tip: Higher floors with Oceanfront Views are the best rooms. We had a room on the Sixth floor and it was excellent.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2018

We spent 5 days in Jacksonville a few weeks ago. We stayed at two hotels and found pros and cons with each. We stayed at Four Points by Sheraton (my reviews is posted) and at Courtyard by Marriott. Courtyard has a great property and a great beach vacation vibe. Their rooms are attractive but every corner they could cut, they have. After coming from the Four Points (their rooms are awesome) the Courtyards rooms seemed cheap and well, cheap. The room is attractive and recently updated. Always nice. The beds are okay, not great, the chair is not comfortable. The lighting is poor and the lighting in the bathroom is like the stairwell of a soviet era apartment building. Dim, dim, dim. The tissues are cheap and scratchy, the towels are not great and the little touches are not there. That said - the grounds of the hotel are Great. The pool is beautiful and the landscaping is lovely. The lobby and central features are attractive and there is a great view from most parts of the hotel. We stayed in an oceanfront and the view was great. The balcony is shrimp sized but hey, it's oceanfront. So, to wrap up, if your main concern is the little touches and comforts of the room - stay at the Four Points. If your thing is to enjoy the beach and hotel amenities - stay at the Court yard. The Four Points is great for business travelers and the Courtyard is great for vacationing.

Date of stay: August 2018