“Return Visit- Excellent ”

Captain Charlie's Reef Grill
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Juno Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I returned here for a lunch and we were very pleased. The lunch side is a bit crowded and noisy but the Fish tacos were wonderful. They were very fresh and the salsa was amazing.
The service was fair, we did have to flag our waitress down a couple of times.
We will return because the food was very tasty.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

We always have dinner at Captain Charlie's whenever we go to Palm Beach--at least 1-2 time per year as we own a timeshare there. We have consistently rated the quality and variety of seafood a 4-5.....our last visit was a 4. This is a "too good to miss" restaurant and always pleases. They have a wine list as varied and exceptional and their entrees. We would recommend their small plates to take best advantage of the variety and opportunity to try several choices. Go early and you can avoid the long wait and lines. The catch of the day is always fresh and very good....I also like their oysters.

2  Thank oysterbayboy554
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Tonight we stopped in a little late for the Juno crowd and were so pleased when
Barbara told us they had both Grouper Cheeks as an App and Hog Fish that was fresh. We had the "cheeks" Tempura fried and the "Hog" sauteed with white wine and fresh veggies and a side of crispy fries. Top it off with the Peanut Butter ice cream and what can we say? Oh, did I forget a very reasonably priced bottle of Gary Ferrel Chardonnay and a chance meeting as we parked our car with a fine young Christian woman and it was a totally enjoyable evening.

If, like us you are among the "local poor" now is the time to enjoy the Reef Grill fresh fish and accoutrements without an hour wait sitting on the sidewalk like a beggar.

1  Thank UncleLarry S
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

There is a reason there are lines off season at this staple in Juno Beach. Worth waiting for. Interesting pairings of food and a great beer/wine list. Come in shorts and feel like a local.

1  Thank FloridaCaryn
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I've been into Captain Charlie's on different occasions.... with friends from out of town, family visiting, just myself & my husband etc. Overall the only consistency I found is that they are inconsistent. We have given it multiple tries, but unfortunately I will not plan to return. I am thinking they are under new management... my husband has been going there for 15+ years and it's just not what it's hyped up to be anymore - the servers all seemed jaded & unhappy to be at work (most of them have been there for 20+ years), slow service, food is, again, inconsistent, does not seem like fresh seafood... my last meal was luke warm, mushy grouper cheeks, fishy bahamian snapper, our party of 4 was unimpressed.... there are other places to spend money on & feel appreciated for bringing my business to in the area.