“Unbelievable food!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed July 14, 2018

This is our new favorite restaurant. We did a date night here before walking a few stores down to play Mindquest Escape Rooms (PS...a Must Do!) We had a waiter that seemed to be a staple in that place. He was fantastic, and very knowledgeable. The food though....was....AMAZING! We have been here now 3 times in two weeks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,644)

Reviewed July 13, 2018

Restaurant is just ok. Food was ok. I think it could of been better but food was waaaay over spiced. Trying to create things with dishes that should not be combined. Seating also way too close together. No privacy what so ever. They do not serve alcohol. Only beer and wine. Will not go back. Prices way too high also. Sooooo over spiced it seriously upset my stomach. Maybe trying to over spice inexpensive or cheap food to make it taste expensive.

Reviewed July 13, 2018

My friends took me here and as promised it was pretty full-up, even at 3:00 in the afternoon. They said it is almost always crowded and there is good reason for that, consistently great food!

I had Sweet Potato crusted Mahi Mahi and it was the best I have ever had! I love this preparation anywhere, but they managed to serve it piping hot, the crust was crispy and the fish still moist but steaming hot. It was served on a bed of seasonal greens with grapes, green beans, and other veggies. The fish was drizzled with a slightly spicy sauce. The combination of tastes, texture and appearance was fabulous. One of my friends ordered the Shack Bowl (a vegetarian version) and the other a special which featured seared Ahi Tuna. Can't wait to go back here!

The restaurant atmosphere is very casual and comfortable and the service was very good. If you are lucky you can get a seat at the counter where you can watch the chefs prepare your meal (we were not that lucky). The prices were very reasonable for the quality of the food. I think my meal was about $20-25 for a generous portion of fish. The Shack Bowl was $13. Do not recall the price of the Ahi.

Reviewed July 13, 2018

We had a fantastic meal with old friends at the Food Shack in Jupiter. For starters, they have a great selection of local and regional craft beers. The table started with the nachos, which were house cut potato chips covered in vegetables and chipotle indo queso sauce, and the Asian pork belly bowl, which was laced with lemongrass and pickled jalapeños. Both were very tasty. I followed this up with the basil and angel hair crusted strawberry grouper, which was absolutely divine. The portion of fish was so large, I couldn't finish the bed of salad upon which it was served. My wife and I shared the s'mores pie, a fabulous graham-crusted chocolate fudge pie topped with toasted marshmallows. We are definitely going back the next time we visit our friends in Jupiter.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

The Food Shack is an unassuming joint located in a strip mall in Jupiter Florida, that always has a bit of a wait time (which is the sign of a great place). A hand written menu of that day’s freshest catches that can be paired with a delicious choice of chef prepared sides is a standout characteristic.
If you ask any local around the Singer Island/West Palm area about where to go to get top notch seafood, they will always proclaim the Food Shack.
They serve amazing sangria along with tall 22oz draft IPAs that will enhance your dining experience. The fish options are superb for anyone looking for an entree that other local restaurants don’t offer. I suggest the tilefish on a bed of fresh kale with their unique dressing for a main entree, and fried grouper cheeks as a savory appetizer.
The restaurant is close quarters for dining, but it’s a great way to meet your hungry neighbors and discuss the great food on your plates when the orders are brought out.

Been to Food Shack? Share your experiences!