“Great Mexican Food at great price.”

On The Border Mexican Grill
Ranked #41 of 53 Restaurants in Kendall
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 14, 2017

We have visited many times and staff is always friendly. My wife likes the Chimichanga but only if accompanied by a margarita and I like their Taco salad. They have great happy hour appetizer deals starting a $3 and I usually order the guacamole and mini chimichangas.

Reviewed November 24, 2016 via mobile

I saw a review that commented on the clean tables. Not surprised as very few of them were occupied during a busy dinner hour.

We showed up at dinner hour in busy Miami expecting a wait but the place was mostly empty. That should have been out first clue.

Lots of staff standing around, but no one waiting tables. After a long wait we ordered drinks. After an even longer wait, we found the manager and asked what the delay was. He said he saw them making the sangria. Apparently it takes them a long time to put wine and ice into a pitcher.

We ordered fajitas. Should be an easy dish for a Mexican place to make. After a while a warm dry skillet is delivered not sizzling. The skillet is dry with burnt peppers and onions stuck to the bottom with a burnt chicken breast on top. No tortillas were with it. When asked the waiter said they were still making them and they would be out soon.

We were going to send it all back, but it was obvious none of the management or employees had ever seen Mexican food before and we couldn't expect it to be different if we gave them another try.

I forgot to check the reviews here before going. Won't make that mistake again.

Against ask -how is this place still in business?

Reviewed November 14, 2016

My first impression is from the very clean tables and nice porch seating option. The traffic noise is a bit loud on the porch, but otherwise enjoyed the service and the meal.

Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

I loved this place, very nice for family and also for couples, the food is good, many variety and prices so good, the services also very good. We enjoyed a lot.

Reviewed June 26, 2016

We ate here on Tuesday night for "Taco Tuesday". Tacos were good, but we were a little disappointed. The waiter was just so so, expected a little more friendly attitude from him.

Been to On The Border Mexican Grill? Share your experiences!