New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Unbeleivable experience...AAARGGHHHHH!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pirates Choice Sailing

Pirates Choice Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Sailing adventures aboard the Piratical boat the Pirates Choice. Sailing daily out of Key Largo on 2 and 4 hour sailing and snorkel adventures. The highlight of the day is our 2 hour Sunset trip where you can watch the famous Florida Keys Sunset.
Concord, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unbeleivable experience...AAARGGHHHHH!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I am an American Soldier and have been for 15 yrs. I have seen and experienced a lot of things over the years. I have been traveling for the past 2 years non stop with the Army from place to place. Usually about a week at a time. I will venture out in the area i am in to "check things out". Well, lets get to the Pirates Choice!!! Amazing time, Captain Lance is the most personable person I have met in all my travels. Very professional, Knowledgable, and just a cool guy. He fits the part as the Captain of the ship. I was in florida for 8 days and did the beach, shops, food, etc..... this ride is a must!!! Make no mistake about it, it is well worth every penny. Captain Lance took us out on the water, put up the sails and took us to a very calm remote place to snorkel. He lead by example, showed us exactly what to do and where to go. He anchored the boat and jumped right in with us. We saw fish, lobsters, all kinds of things. We swam until we were basically whipped, got back on the boat and sailed back. If you are in the area and skip this trip you are nuts, thats all im gonna say! I will definitely be back!!!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank abbey101

Private
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 231 helpful votes
“A Key Largo Highlight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Pirate's Choice is a gem! From the moment you hear his hearty Pirate banter, your stresses melt away and a giggle rolls into play. I can not rave enough about the quality of the experience I had when I sailed June of this year. His vessel is impeccably maintained and the experience matches. Whatever sailing venture you are looking for, Captain provides: learning the basics of sailing, snorkeling, an entertaining Pirate's imitation or just kicking back and soaking in the ocean.

I was sailing with a couple from Texas. After rigging the sails, we were content sharing traveling experiences while they sipped a few libations. Captain shared a few interesting sailing points, then left us to soak in the gorgeous sunset. However, I also could tell that if we were a family, he would have the children squealing with joy and adventure.

You MUST sail with Pirate's Choice!

Visited June 2011
Islamorada, Florida Keys
“Enjoyed our trip immensely.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

We had an absolute blast on our sail. Brought both kids, hit it off immediately with the crew and other passengers, and saw an amazing, amazing sunset. Highly recommended, and hope to do it again soon!

Visited May 2011
Pensacola, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVED IT!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I had sooo much fun on this cruse! It was absolutely beautiful and Capt. Lance was great! I cant wait to go again!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Rosemarie G
“A night with Mr. Bill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

What a night! Perfect weather and an amazing guide with Bill. The evening was very relaxing and bill's life stories very interesting. Money well spent!