Beautiful small resort. The women who run the place were very nice, even helping us arrange things to do while we were in the Keys. Everything was maintained extremely well - I think they even swept the sand to make it look just so.
This is a small place, maybe 10 rooms. They have no restaurant or bar. There are plenty of places nearby to go, but if plan on drinking heavily you should bring your own. If you're not a drinker (like us), this is an even bigger reason to come here.
One really nice touch -- they have a refrigerator with bottled water and fresh fruit out by the pool.
I don't think they allow kids, or there's some minimum age. We didn't see any kids there at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery
- Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden Key Largo, Florida