“Great Place”

Ranked #6 of 17 Key Largo B&B and Inns
Palm Coast
“Great Place”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We arrived in the keys in the late afternoon on motorcycles and by chance pulled into Sunset Cove. What a surprise! Sunset Cove is a composite of the lifestyle representative of the Florida Keys. The Resort has pretty much all that you might want, from a decent Continental Breakfast to clean rooms, interesting grounds, great places to eat nearbye, a beach, boats and fishing. Talk to the Desk Clerk, Robin Austin, to get the straight scoop on everything in the area .If when you travel you enjoy experiencing the area that your in ...this is the place. If you prefer luxury and service in a sterile environment they do have Hiltons and Marriotts in the Keys, but you will be reaching much, much deeper into your pocket.

Room Tip: Talk to Robin Austin
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 January 2012

it was late at night and this was the last motel which had a room left.
The guy behind the counter was very nice, gave us a good rate and was very apologetic as they only had one room left which was the closest to the road. We ended up in a small bungalow. It looked dated and I was not sure about it's cleanness. However, I was not able to find anything in the room to fault it. I must also admit that it was our first stay in a motel! So we slept pretty well.
Before we went to bed we had to the beach and it was very nice.
Next morning I tried to grab some of the free breakfast. That was pretty disappointing as they only provided some plastic wrapped muffins from the supermarket. Nevertheless, we had a walked on the grounds and I really liked it. The beach is sooo cool and they provide free canoe and me and my bf of course had to try it out. It was so peaceful out on the sea, we paddled up and down the coast and enjoyed it very much. The sea felt more like a lake than a sea.
So would I stay again? Yes, probably for a night or two!
However, make sure you know in which bungalow you are staying. They have various types (also some converted trailer) and I do not know how comfortable or big they are

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My friends have a house boat with in walking distance of the Sunset Cove Beach Resort. We drove down from Miami to visit them and stayed at this hotel. It was perfect. It has good rates and a small breakfast included with the room. The property grounds are quaint with hammocks, a small beach, and a wonderful bbq area where you can relax and put your feet up. The only improvement I would make is the bedspreads. Still the old fashioned kind like you would have seen in the 70's.

My boyfriend and I will definitely stay here again when returning to Key Largo.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We booked the room from back home, based on the pictures on their website. As we pulled off the main road, passed by the 'office' and slowly headed down the short path towards the sea, we looked left and right at what appered to be more of abandoned trailer park than a beach resort. Had we not made a down payment of 50% upon booking, we would have left right away. But we had, so we headed back to the 'office'. The Owner was not about, but some other person gave us the key to our room. It was apalling (just look at the photos in the reviews). I did not even set a foot inside but turned 'round at the entrance. No way I will spend a night in here. I'd rather sleep at the beach. Back at the office we explained that his place was simply not up to what we expected and that I wanted at least part of my money back. We were told to come back in 2 hours when the Owner would be here. I did and to my surprise got half of the 50% back! That people can be satisfied stying at such a place is a true mystery to me.

Room Tip: ..try to 'EXIT' the very second you step in!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Launcelot77
Reviewed 25 November 2011

The staff was ok but not real friendly. Our room had a horrible smell in the bathroom, the shower was so small was hard to even turn around plus there was no water presure on the second night. The beach area was very nice for snorkling or for the kids to play in the sand. They had very neat landscaping and swings by the water. Canoes and kyaks were free to useand the pier was nice to fish off. If you plan to syay here just dont plan to spend anytime in room other than to sleep. Allows pets. Good morning coffee.

• Stayed November 2011
Port St Lucie
Reviewed 23 November 2011

The rooms are nice. It's a great environment for kids. Free water sports were great. Scenery and location are out of this world. It's within walking distance to some great restaurants. Robin and the staff were very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Melbourne, FL
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This place is great! Right on the water, a variety of accomodations, super sweet staff! Bring Fido, it's dog friendly!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a cute little trailer close to the front desk. It was very modern & clean inside.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends