Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$158
Courtyard
MB at Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$220
US$163
US$145
HolidayInn.com
Amy Slate’s Amoray Dive Resort(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Pool
Bay Harbor Lodge(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$145
The Pelican(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$110
All reviewsroyale suiteboutique hotelaveda productskey westprivate piermarble floorshuge bathroomsmall hotelsunset cruisebird sanctuarycaribbean clubkitchen areaour honeymooneco tourquiet locationspent nightssun loungers
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying the hotel itself was nice, the grounds were lovely, along with the view and the hotel room (Celeste) was clean and spacious.

I was, however, extremely disappointed in our customer service experience with Ana, the resident staff member. We had driven down and arrived earlier than check in (around 2:20pm) and stopped into the office. We were told that our room was not ready, but she assured us it wouldn't be "too long". We walked over and had a drink at the bar a few doors down and then came back around 3:40pm, figuring check in was at 4pm. When we stopped back at the office, Ana informed us our room was STILL not ready and it may not be ready until after 4pm. When I asked about the check in sign on the door and what the Bookings.com email said, she became very curt, bordering on nasty, and said I should have booked directly with them and then I would have known. At no point did she offer to hold our bags, a bottle of water, a restroom, or any other small amenity for the inconvenience/delay. She did hand us 2 beach towels and told us to go sit by the water to wait. During the wait, I did contact Booking.com (who we used) and asked if I had misread the check in time. They assured me that no, 4pm was what indicated. I went back to the office at 4:20 pm and was once again told our room was still not ready along with a shoulder shrug. The explanation I was given was "I can't give you a room that's not ready." and "it just isn't ready." I was told actual check in was "anytime after 4pm, however, the sign on the door and the flyer in our room (which we would later see) indicated 4pm as the check in time. I understand things happen-running behind, late check outs ,etc....but to argue with a guest about a check in time that is posted on the door and become rude just is not the way to go. We also had a back and forth over the rental of the paddle boards which we ended up missing out on being able to use during our trip. Our room was finally available to us at 4:45pm and like I said earlier, it was clean and spacious.

As a frequent traveler, I have high expectations when it comes to customer service-simple kindness and the demonstration of patience with the guests-goes a long way, especially when staying at local/small hotels. It is the customer service and little touches that make them stand out from the large chains. Unfortunately, this was NOT my experience at Azul Del Mar and I would not plan a return stay.

Boutique hotel or not, customer service should always be the number one priority.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
AzulManagement, Owner at Azul del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

At Azul del Mar we work hard to accommodate every guest whenever they arrive. Remember check-in is at 4 and check-out at 11am.

However, as tourism trends towards more “one night stays” this has resulted in guests arriving earlier and wanting to stay later - which is not always possible.

Never was it more evident than this July 4th weekend when every room bar one checked out, new guests began arriving early and, as luck would have it, our first guests to arrive were paired with the last room ready!

We apologize right here and now if an early check-in is not available but patience on both sides of the Reservation Desk is required.

We have an extra bathroom available, we can find you some iced water and of course we have beach towels and a place where you may change. You only have to ask.

However, this guest inquired about our Cancellation Policy – which seemed like an extreme way to apply pressure – given the fact they arrived two hours early!

In a regular-type hotel situation we could simply have offered them our first available room but Azul del Mar is not set up like that. All our boutique suites are unique and matched to each guest.

On this day all rooms were ready for check-in before guests arrived – except this one of course – completed 30 minutes late!

We’re not perfect, but between check-out & check-in we are at our busiest, refreshing the property to maximize your experience. And if you arrive early, surely an extra half hour wait overlooking the water and Everglades’ National Park is not too much to ask on a holiday weekend.

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

I can't tell anyone or describe it enough to do it justice --- but the property, location, grounds and onsite team was great! We paddle boarded -- we sat by the water and watched the sunset -- we loved our room and felt as if we had our own private paradise! Highly recommend. Would stay again and again.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Set in a secluded location this is a piece of paradise. Rooms were adequately furnished although my one grumble would be no iron and ironing board was in the room but thats a small sacrifice.
Location wise this is within walking distance to bars and restaurants, we were fortunate to be staying over a music fest which made for a lively evening.
Management was very helpful too and we will definitely be back!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2017

My husband and I have stayed at the Azul Del Mar at Christmas, our anniversary in August and by myself in May. The climate is near prefect all year round.
I'm a bit prejudice. We stay at the Azul Del Mar and scuba dive right next store at Amy State's dive shop. It's the best of both world.
AZEL del Mar does provide water sport equipment, such as kayaks, which are great for paddling around the margo grove and visiting with Manatee.
This is a wonderful hide-a-way

Room Tip: We prefer the left upstairs apartment and the front left downstairs apartment. The owners and staff are wonderful, and always so helpful.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

Excellent: Easy access to the water via their private beach or ladder off their pier. Pier seating was ideal for watching the sunset with a glass of wine. Excellent wifi. Aveda bath products. The whole place was spotless, down to the beach being raked daily. Communal Weber BBQ with eating area beside it or you can dine back at your room with a private patio. Paddleboards and kayaks were in excellent condition & rented for $10/hr. The owners were committed to ensuring the place was comfortable and tranquil. I believe we had the most modest accommodation of the 6 on offer and we were still very impressed.
Poor: zero disappointments.