All reviews boutique hotel aveda products key west small hotel living room private beach kitchen area peace and quiet eco tour watching the sunset sun loungers spent nights beach towels lounge chairs the upper keys florida bay dominic
Reviewed December 21, 2010

This was our seventh year , traveling to Florida for the November NASCAR race;however, this was our first stay at the Azul del Mar. From the moment we arrived, my husband, adult daughter, and i felt welcomed. In fact, the owner personally visited with us to let us know how much he appreciated our business. Our suite was large with a beautiful view of the bay, two bedrooms, and a kitchen. This was a great price for the amount of space and privacy we experienced. I would highly recommend you try this hotel if you enjoy peace and quiet!

Date of stay: November 2010
Reviewed October 22, 2010

a perfect little gem that we would have driven past if it hadn't been for the tourist office,
The staff perfect the owner Dominic was so helpful with everything and nothing was ever too much trouble,
The rooms are amazing and the whole resort quiet peaceful and beautiful.
I can't prasie it enough don't miss out on this gem
we wished we'd booked with them in key west as we found this on our return and wished we'd had more time we wanted to stay a week

Reviewed October 19, 2010

My husband and I discovered this resort several years ago and now it is our favorite place to stay in the Upper Keys. We have returned at least 6 times since our first visit.
The accomodations are clean, modern and very relaxing, The view is spectacular!
The owners and staff are so very friendly and they make us feel welcome at each visit.
I would highly recommend this location to anyone looking for a private, relaxing and enjoyable stay in Key Largo.

Date of stay: September 2010
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Azul Del Mar was great. My husband and I went to the Keys for our 10th wedding anniversary and choose Azul Del Mar. (I read the negatives reviews and booked anyway. After staying with them, I'm not sure what they were complaining about.) The grouds are absolutely beautiful. It feels completely secluded and private. I loved sitting outside on the dock. The owners were perfect- always responded quickly to emails, full of great recommendations for the area. It is obvious they love what they do. We booked the middle room and were upgraded to the best suite when we got there. The view from the room was amazing. To be honest, I don't have anything negative to say about Azul. We loved it and were very happy we stayed with them. We will definitely go back!

Reviewed October 18, 2010

What a nice retreat from the world! We had a suite here (there are very few rooms) and were treated with a beautiful renovation. We had a kitchenette with table and chairs, sitting area with TV, separate sitting area overlooking the ocean and a big, comfortable bedroom. I agree with other reviewers that, even though it is right on the hwy you would never know it once you're there. We drove by the entrance twice before we realized where it was! Small, private beach with nice sitting areas. The best thing you can do is book the tours through Azul. They have four that are a good overview of the area and are very reasonably priced. Because of weather we could only do one but will return for the rest.

If you like large resort hotels, this is not for you. If you like small hidden gems, book it if you can. They also make great recommendations for food and other activities around Key Largo.