All reviews boutique hotel aveda products key west small hotel kitchen area private beach eco tour watching the sunset quiet location sun loungers beach towels the upper keys florida bay dominic aquamarina celeste huts
Reviewed January 17, 2011

We woke up Sunday morning in Miami, the Chef thinking we were headed back to snowy Cleveland, but soon were on US-1 headed south.
The Chef was ecstatic. Anny gift, a success!

An hour and a half on US-1, we realized we had passed the boutique hotel we were so excited to get to. Our damn iPhone decided to lose service, we had about given up, and then saw the sign pointing us towards our final destination.

The first thing the Chef and I noticed about Azul del Mar was how secluded it was off of US-1. We pulled under an umbrella of trees to see a lovely white beach house.

The Chef and I headed into a wee house that seemed to be the check in area and found ourselves face to face with Dominic, owner of Azul del Mar. He inquired about our visit and we told him of our journey. He pulled out a long skinny piece of paper that turned out to be a map, and started scribbling all over it. You must go here, here, and here he said in his faint British accent, these places have the best local foods.
He handed over the keys and walked us to our room, the tropical garden suite. And sweet it was! As he opened the door to a gorgeous room, I couldn’t help but be impressed. The room was simply decorated with a hint of mod. Not cheesy seashell motif in this garden suite! After checking out the main room, we found a giant whirlpool tub loaded up with Aveda essentials. My heaven. Love it. Dominic was soon on his way and the Chef and I were set to explore Key Largo.
Azul Del Mar was the absolute perfect hotel for us. It was very secluded, with it’s own private beach & pier, and very very beautiful. The room was large, well decorated, and clean. Dominic even had the fridge and cabinets all stocked with basic needs like wine glasses and ice! Our Key Largo trip was pretty amazing and the food was off the hook. More to come on that later.
The best thing about the Azul Del Mar was actually two things. Dominic, the owner made our stay quite enjoyable. By the end of our trip he even offered to sell us the joint. I would have jumped on it in a second but my better half (aka the Chef) talked me out of it. Best thing #2 was what everyone focuses on for travel, and that is the price. Azul Del Mar was less than $200 a night and worth every penny. The ambiance, the intricate customer service, and the seclusion of the boutique hotel made our short trip to Key Largo the most pleasurable trip ever.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chefswidow1979
Reviewed December 21, 2010

This was our seventh year , traveling to Florida for the November NASCAR race;however, this was our first stay at the Azul del Mar. From the moment we arrived, my husband, adult daughter, and i felt welcomed. In fact, the owner personally visited with us to let us know how much he appreciated our business. Our suite was large with a beautiful view of the bay, two bedrooms, and a kitchen. This was a great price for the amount of space and privacy we experienced. I would highly recommend you try this hotel if you enjoy peace and quiet!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2010

a perfect little gem that we would have driven past if it hadn't been for the tourist office,
The staff perfect the owner Dominic was so helpful with everything and nothing was ever too much trouble,
The rooms are amazing and the whole resort quiet peaceful and beautiful.
I can't prasie it enough don't miss out on this gem
we wished we'd booked with them in key west as we found this on our return and wished we'd had more time we wanted to stay a week

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My husband and I discovered this resort several years ago and now it is our favorite place to stay in the Upper Keys. We have returned at least 6 times since our first visit.
The accomodations are clean, modern and very relaxing, The view is spectacular!
The owners and staff are so very friendly and they make us feel welcome at each visit.
I would highly recommend this location to anyone looking for a private, relaxing and enjoyable stay in Key Largo.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Azul Del Mar was great. My husband and I went to the Keys for our 10th wedding anniversary and choose Azul Del Mar. (I read the negatives reviews and booked anyway. After staying with them, I'm not sure what they were complaining about.) The grouds are absolutely beautiful. It feels completely secluded and private. I loved sitting outside on the dock. The owners were perfect- always responded quickly to emails, full of great recommendations for the area. It is obvious they love what they do. We booked the middle room and were upgraded to the best suite when we got there. The view from the room was amazing. To be honest, I don't have anything negative to say about Azul. We loved it and were very happy we stayed with them. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple