“Very nice hotel”
Review of Dove Creek Lodge

Dove Creek Lodge
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed 27 April 2012

After 2 weeks in Orlando it was lovely to arrive in Key Largo and Dove Creek Lodge for a few days of relaxing. Very nice and clean and friendly staff. Snappers restaurant and bar are right next door so you don't have to drive anywhere. We also used it to visit the Everglades which were great.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed at the Dove Creek Lodge after staying in Miami then Naples and it was definitely the best place we stayed at. The rooms were very clean, spacious and the bed was so comfortable that I had the best night sleep during our whole holiday!! We traveled with our 3 children and although the pool was a little small having the kayaks to borrow whenever we wanted was a bonus. We headed to Snappers which looked amazing but were slightly disappointed by the food but it was so convenient and the cocktails delicious it didn't matter too much. The breakfast at the Lodge was also the best we had on our trip so would definitely recommend staying here. If I ever return to Key Largo I will be back

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank UKEmma_12
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Great hotel - convenient location on Key Largo.
The rooms are large, clean and comfortable.
The pool and waterfront are very attractive.
We would go again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank riny
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great accomodations, service, view and atmosphere. We had a nice suite and enjoyed the pool and the view for two nights. Having Snappers next door was an added feature allowing me to have a drink or two and walk home. We will be back!

1  Thank RickS1962
Reviewed 23 April 2012

After a long drive from Ft. Lauderdale(due to Hwy accidents), we arrived at Dove Creek. We checked in only to find out that the room I thought I had booked was not the room I was getting. According to the website, when making the reservation, I thought we had a one bedroom suite w/ a kitchenette. Even after looking at the site again, it looks like this is the room I was reserving. The front desk was nice, but explained that the room I would be getting was a suite, but w/o a kitchenette. They offered to try to find me other accommodations somewhere else, but I explained to her that my brother was also staying here, so going someplace else was not an option. I was not happy w/ the mix up, but the front desk was nice enough to offer me a disc. She checked us in and and showed us to our room. It was a nice room that was shown to be a ocean view, but when we got to the room, our screened porch faced an outdoor stairwell. Not doing so well with our check in. We settled in and went down to the pool area to relax. The pool is small, and we were staying during Easter week, so I thought that it may be difficult to enjoy the pool, but this was not the case during the entire week. As the days went on and I relaxed, I realized just how nice this property is. All the people that work here went out of their way for us. The rooms were cleaned adequately every day if you wanted. Their breakfast was nicely done every morning and if you needed any information on places to eat or things to do, they always had suggestions from their experiences. Next door is a nice restaurant w/ good seafood(Snappers), and a nice bar w/ live music to relax to. Overall I found Dove Creek to be a very nice place to stay. I would come back in a second. If you are staying in Key Largo, you cannot go wrong staying at Dove Creek. Room 306 is the room w/ a view of the stairwell.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mct911
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Our 2nd floor room was very comfortable, freshly decorated, separate BR and living area, with a nice view of the pool and harbor. The screened-in porch was unexpected. The pool was of sufficient size, as was the hottub, but the hottub was not very hot. The small beach area could have used better seating, but it was very clean and quiet. The location next to Snappers restaurant was convenient (and Snappers is a fine place to eat, with great outside dining and an excellent selection of food). The sign for Dove Creek on Rt1 is easy to miss. Breakfast was unique, with a very nice variety of cold items, even some parfaits; sufficient yet easy to serve. The staff was very helpful. Overall, a very comfortable and quiet night.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Great find. Nice rooms with great shower, aircon was a bit random but wasn't a problem. Loved the pool area and the free kayaks. Breakfast was fine, not massive but enough bits and pieces to keep you going. Snappers next door was very handy and really friendly. Never felt that the place was busy even though we were there at spring break. Would defo go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple