Bay Cove Motel
US$253
US$229
Hampton.com
Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$193
Courtyard
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

US$278
US$209
HolidayInn.com
MB at Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$199
Coconut Palm Inn(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$296
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$519
Sunset Cove Beach Resort(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
The Pelican(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 1, 2015

I went to Key Largo during their lobstering season. Everywhere is very expensive. Holiday Inn was at $210/night. And I found this Bay Cove motel at around $100/night. After reading all the good reviews, I decided to stay here. Just by looking at the room, everything is old, and not that clean. Bed sheet was either really old or just not washed properly. After checked in, I immediately saw a couple mosquitos. Wake up in the morning the second day, I at least got five huge bites and several small lined up bites over my legs and arms. I thought those were mosquito bites and brought up to their manager, they told me there were so many mosquitos due to the rain last week, and told me to buy a spray myself. They didn't even try to solve the problem. The second night, i used spray, but it didn't help at all. I woke up in the morning with more bites, and they are all super itchy. I saw one huge spider in bathroom. I took pictures of my lined up bites, and asked my friends, They were all pretty sure those were bed bug bites!!!!
Also, they didn't clean my sink, toilet, and shower after the first day, because I still saw my hairs. They just made my bed and dropped their own hair on my bed. I didn't know why I even tipped them! I wish I had read those bad reviews.

However, they have a small private beach which is very cute and quiet, but that won't bring me back for sure.

Room Tip: bed bugs, spiders, private beach
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank KilimanKeyboard
baycovemotel, Owner at Bay Cove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2015

While we are pleased that you chose Bay Cove based on our positive reviews from our valued guests we must take exception to some of points made in your post.

We here at Bay Cove make every effort to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a relaxing, worry free stay at our establishment. Our rooms are clean and well-tended to. We are sorry if you feel the sheet set was old; however the sheets were not dirty. You stated that you didn’t know if they were old or not wash properly, there is a difference.

At NO TIME have we ever had an issue with bedbugs. We take this matter extremely seriously and take every available precaution to guard against this, including the use of resistant mattress encasements that make it nearly impossible for them to exist. After reading this review, we went into the room and checked the mattress and box spring for any sign of bedbugs. There were none to be found. Unfortunately, no-see-um bites are also clustered and have a similar appearance to bed bug bites. Since we checked the bed thoroughly and there was no indication of bed bugs, it is possible that it was the no-see-ums. Both mosquitoes and no-see-ums are around right now and especially with the rain we have been having. Believe me when I say that none of us would be sorry to see all of them go!

We dislike mosquitoes and other pests as much as anyone and we contract with a very reputable pest control company to make certain that we minimize their presence. However this is a tropical environment and some the insects do get inside of a room now and then. We make every effort possible to keep out the mosquitoes, spiders, lizards, etc., and we do apologize if a spider got into your room but it is impossible to keep every bug out of every room each day.

I would like to address the issue of hairs found in your bathroom the next day. We have spoken to the housekeeping staff to make sure that the room (including bathroom) is left in the same state that a new check-in room is. There should be no hairs left behind.

We apologize that we did not meet your expectations as to the quality and service that you feel you received at Bay Cove.

Reviewed July 17, 2015

If you don't want a tall, cement monolith building but want a true Florida Keys experience, you need to stay here. The rooms are like bungalows with a kitchenette. Barbecues are provided....the bay front has chairs and lounges, and a boat dock available for its guests. It is an absolutely beautiful spot. The rooms are clean and very "keysish".....absolutely delightful....I won't stay anywhere else.....

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank 915ChrisM
Reviewed June 16, 2015 via mobile

I have stayed a number of times now at Bay Cove and now love this place! Everyone is so welcoming and helps with what ever you need. Watching the sunsets from the dock is absolutely stunning. I haven't been disappointed, not once. John is an a absolutely amazing manager and definitely plan on coming back!

Stayed: June 2015
4  Thank Emily G
Reviewed June 2, 2015

My husband and I visited Bay Cove Motel recently during Memorial weekend and stayed a few extra days making our short stay even more memorable. The room was very nice and comfortable and clean. The view was amazing. Everyday we did something fun and exciting. Thank you to John, the manager, who provided us with all the essential gear for fishing right on the dock, kayaking also from our dock, and cooking out on the grounds. John was a gracious host, most friendly, and again provided us with information for local entertainment, local restaurants, snorkeling info, and best beach/park spots. We had the best vacation and plan to go back often.

Room Tip: ask for the ocean view 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa A
Reviewed May 28, 2015

I visited Bay Cove for a long weekend to relax and enjoy some down time. I was not disappointed. Many large trees provide shade over the grounds and a nice breeze is always blowing. The beach is very quiet and relaxing. The views from those beach chairs is incredible. There are even grills provided to cook out. I really enjoyed sitting on the dock watching the amazing sunsets (don't miss this). The rooms were very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. John and his staff were very helpful and ensured I enjoyed my stay. Bay Cove is close to everything, including some great restaurants (some with live music nightly). A drug store is also right across the street. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple