“Did not entirely meet my expectations”
Review of Coconut Palm Inn

Coconut Palm Inn
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Key Largo
Stockholm, Sweden
“Did not entirely meet my expectations”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

It could have been an awesome stay because the place was cozy, the pool was nice and clean and you could use the complementary kayaks and get a chance to see the manatees. But... the breakfast was a little bit too simple and we had a roach in the bathroom one morning but even worse we had one as well stepping on my boyfriend in our bed the night before. That´s nasty! And the internet was not working at all during our 2 nights stay, which made us go to McDonalds with the computer to make reservation and do some research for our trip. Internet is important to us when we travel around and I would rather have been sitting in our suite (we had the Coconut Palm suite) or outside with my computer, than on a pretty boring McDonalds. I guess their computer in the office had wired connection because it seemed to work and we were offered to use it, but since the office is closed in the evenings that was not an option for us.

Too me the rate is a bit too high for our stay. For a lower rate and assurance about a working internet I would maybe consider to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Shanghai Region, China
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We are a family of 5 and had booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite online. Be warned - the 2 bedroom does not really have 2 bedroom. There was a Queen in the one bedroom, a twin in an adjoining small room (you could only access it by going through the one bedroom) and a sofa bed in an open room off the living area. It would have been ok but the sofa bed was very poor quality and not comfortable. For the prices we were paying, we would have been better off booking two hotel rooms elsewhere. Also - very few amenities and no in room supplies (coffee, tea, sugar, etc). The continental breakfast was limited to muffins, pastries and coffee. No fruit or real fruit juice. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rtw99
Spring Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I were looking for a relaxing place to stay for a few days after a very hectic time at work. Coconut Palm Inn was exactly what the doctor ordered! I travel for a living, so staying at a hotel is usually not a “treat” for me. Fortunately, the staff, the grounds and most of all the furnishings at the Coconut Palm Inn were welcoming, warm and most comforting. Everyone who worked there welcomed us with a smile on their face and treated us like royalty. The grounds were well kept and inviting. I logged more than a few hours in the hammock stretched between the palm trees! What impressed me most of all was the cleanliness and the furnishings in the room. This wasn’t your sterile, cookie cutter hotel room. The furniture was unique and inviting. It made me feel at home. I would return the Coconut Palm Inn in a heart beat, and highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
copenhagen
Reviewed 1 April 2012

had no expectations at all when we arrived so our minds were not messed up.
Were lucky to get room no 14 (a suite) with the best view of all the rooms. The only bad thing was the aircondition making a lot of noise.
Breakfast needs 'an upgrade' but except from that this is a small paradise on earth, with nice rooms, execellent service and the most beautiful surroundings.
If we ever comes to Florida again, we will stay a week.

Walnut Creek, CA
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We were overall very disappointed by the Florida Keys. We are Californians who are accustomed to nice beaches and scenic drives. The Keys had none. This resort allowed one to actually sit on a beach in comfy adirondack chairs looking out at the tranquil Bay. Kayaks were available for a paddle. At first, the place looked disappointing. Looks like it used to be a 1950s stucco motel, but they have done some nice remodel work to make it nicer that it first appears. Bed was very comfy. Bath was nice. We were upgraded to an ocean facing room. $239. We had booked the standard room for $219 which looks at the parking lot. NOT OK for that price. They did not charge for the upgrade, since there were many vacancies. I think all of the prices in the Keys are terribly inflated for what you get. We pay less most everywhere in the world and receive much more value.
Coconut Palm inn has a lovely dock to walk out on. Nice sunset views from your own beach if you are tired of the raucous happy hour crowds at the ocean front restaurants.
Major problem: they advertise continental breakfast. Terrible. Coffee was terrible. Food consisted of very stale (and ice cold right out of the fridge) muffins/croissants that probably originally came from a Costco type place. I found this insulting as a guest paying good money. Would have rather not had anything than have them put this out.
Staff at front desk were very nice and helpful.
A good find for the Keys (IF you want to go to the keys)

Room Tip: Without an ocean view room, you have to go around the building to get in/out to the beach. While I...
1 Thank travelgal5050
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The screened in porch was worth the trip. To be able to sit there and look out onto the bay was wonderful. The Inn sits back off US 1 and was quiet. The breakfast though small, met the needs and got you ready for the day. The kayaks and paddle boards were in demand and people seemed to enjoy them. The staff was very friendly and helpful and expect we will return.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I reserved a room at this inn based on its website and the reviews on TripAdvisor. My husband and I were extremely disappointed. He is not terribly particular about hotel rooms but as soon as we stepped into the room, he suggested moving to another hotel. Of course, it was far too late for that.
I agree with another reviewer who described the room as mediocre. It was clean but extremely small and uninspiring. The screened-in porch was a nice addition though.
The location is excellent--right on the beach and near to shops and restaurants. And, it is very quiet but the rooms are not sound-proof by any stretch. The staff is friendly and helpful. We had no complaints there. The continental breakfast, however, is a joke.
I definitely feel that our room was not worth the $200+ per evening that we paid.

2 Thank Sue M
Amara Cay Resort
Amara Cay Resort
#6 of 19 in Islamorada
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,295 reviews

Been to Coconut Palm Inn? Share your experiences!