All reviews private club raw bar burgee bar fishing village private community collared shirt business conference four seasons main lobby beautiful resort bedroom condo pool area every staff member fitness center spring break buccaneer pompano
Reviewed September 18, 2018

A wonderful combination of complete luxury and family oriented setting. From the amazing selection of restaurants, golf, tennis, pickle ball, kayaking, boating, a large water area with multiple pools and lagoon, Kids Club and night life for the adults. A true gem.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Rose C
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

This is it: The best place in the Western Hemisphere for

a) a special vacation
or. b) to own a personal retreat

I’ve known this Club since 1993 when my wife and I bought a house there. It wasn’t our main residence , but we spent as much time there as we could.
In 2014 we sold the house because my wife got sick. She passed away in 2016.

In early 2018 I visited Ocean Reef for a few days as a guest, staying in a rented condo. I was overwhelmed with the atmosphere, the facilities, the friendliness and the service. I spontaneously decided “this is it” and bought an apartment within 90 minutes.

Currently my new place is remodeled.
It will be finished, hopefully, just in time for the Christmas Holidays.

I would urge anybody who is interested in a personal retreat to go to Ocean Reef for a week or so and let it sink in. Don’t use the Hotel but rather rent a condo or a house. It’s all managed by the very professional Club Organization.

My prediction: After a week you will make an offer thru the ORC-Real Estate Office for a permanent place within Ocean Reef.
It isn’t cheap, but you can’t loose, prices for Real Estate have been going up steadily over the last decade.

There isn’t enough space to prescribe the place in detail. You need to go there to fall in love as I did. Believe me:
This is it!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank schalkwilli
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

I accompanied my spouse on a conference visit. The hotel room was very nice. But this is in basically a compound. You must be on the 'the list' to even gain entry thru the gate. The place felt weird to me. Everyone one was very nice that worked there. But to eat breakfast at the hotel restaurant you to have to wear a collared shirt if your a male. It's a cashless resort/area, where you need to use your room card to pay for everything. I guess this was a glimpse at how the 1% live, and I wasn't a fan. Won't be back

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gargoyle_A2
Reviewed July 27, 2018

Staff and restaurants very friendly,

Lots of kids driving golf carts out of control

We stayed at the inn and the rom had a terrible odor "Sewer" hotel staff reported buy a candle and smell will go away

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Buddy A
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Visited here last week for my company sales meeting. Beautiful property!
The room was beautiful and quite large. Bathroom had a nice tub and great shower. Every employee I encountered was very friendly and offered to help in anyway possible.
Because we were busy most of the time, I only got to see a small portion of the property. I did get the opportunity to visit the pool and we had a function on the beach one evening. I appreciated that the big pool was only for 18 and over after 3pm. It made the pool time a lot more enjoyable.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business