“Lovely resort”

Parrot Key Hotel and Resort
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Having stayed in other hotels in Key West over the past 3 years, we decided to try Parrot Key. We were there 3 nights. We were delighted by the ambiance, architectural charm, and lovely furnishings. Parrot Key has beautiful grounds and 4 smaller, more intimate pools, each with an outdoor shower. The Tiki Bar was wonderful- excellent food and drinks. Parking can be a bit problematic. Our only complaint was the lack of housekeeping even though we called the Reception Desk. But for that my rating would definitely have been 5 STARS.

Room Tip: We reserved a King Suite. It had decks off both the living room and bedroom. End units have more win...

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Parrot Key was great. If you are looking for a beach side property go elsewhere in Florida since Key West is not a beach vacation. It is, however, a great palce for families. We stayed here over Easter with our 3 children, 14,12 and 9 and they loved it. The 2 bedroom suites were great, plenty of space for everyone. The hotel is off the main drag so it is quiet, peaceful and relaxing. We loved having Walgreens next door for the late night aloe runs and Easter essentails. It was clean, fresh, comfortable and fun. We met amazing people from all over the world and will definitely return to Parrot Key. I liked it so much I am trying to get a copy of some of the art work. Do I wish the restaurant was open later? Yes, but then again, there are great restaurants all over the island so don't worry. If your starving, walk across the street and bring home a Dominos pizza. You are here to relax, not stress out so go and have a key Lime Colada at the pool. Enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank gigigirl40
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This was our first time in Key West traveling from Rochester NY. We were thrilled with the room that was so spacious, bed very comfortable and tastefully decorated. The grounds were beautiful with flowers and smelled wonderful! Most impressive were the staff! Every staff we encountered greeted us and were smiling! Oriana, at the front desk, was most helpful guiding us to a wonderful dinner cruise, where to visit on the island including where to eat and set up almost all of our entertainment and transportation needs for us! It made it even more of a stress free vacation. We didn't need to do anything but have fun! I've never relaxed so much in my life! Thank you Oriana and Parrot Key Resort! We will be back!

1  Thank Dawn S
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Just got back from key west yesterday and spent 7 nightsa at the Parrot Key. We had an excellent time there. We had the 2 bedroom townhouse and it was clean spacious and a pleasure to stay in. The waterfront view was nice and although there is no beach which is clearly stated on the website (apparently some people cant read) we didnt miss it.There are 4 pools which are set in a beautiful garden. 2 were small but almost certainly a chair was available always. The chairs were a bit uncomfortable and a cushion would solve that problem. What stands out here is the staff. They go out of their way to make the stay more enjoyable. When we checked in at 1PM our room was not ready so we went nextdoor walgreens however within 10 min I got a call from the front desk that the room was ready. The day before checkout I asked for a late checkout. The girl who I delt with and I am sorry but I cant find the card she gave me with her name was great. She checked and gave us the 3PM late checkout I had asked for. The hotel that night wasnt busy so they were glad to do it.All in all it was quiet and perfect for a family. If u r into a more party atmosphere I suggest u find something more downtown. Finally the one bad point was the cafe. The menu is not very big and breakfast has no eggs on it. They are just not set up to cook like that. The drinks were pretty bad. First no top shelf liquor was used. I had a Bloody Mary which was just plain awful. No tomato taste to it at all. I also tried a Pina Colada which had no tatse. I wound up getting a bottle of kettle one bloody mary mix and made my own drinks. The Bar was closed by 8 and u cant do dinner on property. If u can overlook the cafe evrything else was great and we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Gorgeous, "plantation" style hotel. I knew as soon as I walked into the main entrance to check-in, I was going to like this place. Staff is extremely friendly, the atmosphere is very calm and laid back. Don't let it being next door to a Walgreen's and busy street fool you. Once you enter the grounds it's like you're in a tropical rainforest! We stayed 2 nights and were sad to leave. We got to the pools early enough in the morning (9:00 - 9:30 ish) to ensure 2 chairs facing the sun. You should know that the pools are surrounded by an abundance of palm trees and other tall green shrubbery. You need to be strategic when grabbing a chair if your plan is to soak up the sun all day. The rooms were very clean and welcoming. I loved our private deck with the Adirondack chairs. We took a taxi over to Duvall each night, the front desk calls for a cab and they were waiting for us when we completed our 2 minute walk to the front from our room. Front desk is good at recommending restaurants, activities, etc. The tiki bar is quiet and relaxing if you want to grab a drink before you head out for the night. We also had a refrigerator in our room, but wasn't very cold. Good access to grocery stores, fast food, etc nearby if you want to grab lunch and snacks off the property. Don't expect ocean access though and i was fine with it because I prefer the pool.
The only complaint and I have a hard time calling it a "complaint".. our bed was very uncomfortable. It was a king sized bed that sagged in the middle and caused my boyfriend and I to basically sleep in a twin sized bed because we couldn't stay out of the middle. I am not picky about beds, but this one was rough. I didn't say anything to the front desk because after being out in the fresh air all day and a few drinks on Duvall, i still got some good sleep! ; -)

Room Tip: Our room was 66A and a corner room which meant we only had someone on one side of us and we never he...
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed in one of the 2 level townhouses. There were 2 very large bedrooms, both with full baths, one with a King bed and the other with a queen. There is a balcony off the mid-level bedroom as well as off the full size living area. The decor was new and had a sea-life theme with a typical Key West color scheme. The mini-kitchen area offered a microwave, a small fridge, a coffee maker, and a toaster. There was a Tiki bar that served drinks as well as a cafe style menu. The resort had 4 pools each seperated by lush tropical plants and palms. And for those who would rather do your sunning on a beach, they had recreated a beach like trail on the side of the hotel. I do not recall there being any gulf-swimming, but the sand was white and soft. I prefferred the pool-side lounging. The only downside is that this hotel is roughly 2-3 miles from Duval street and the airport. The hotel does not have a shuttle, so you either have to hail a taxi or rent a scooter/electric car/bicycle. A taxi ride to Downtime for 5 was $20 ONE WAY!
We had a wonderful time in Key West and the Resort was breath-taking. I would stay here again, espeically since most of the private rentals ask for up to a 5 night min stay in season and a 3 night min stay off season.

Room Tip: Townhouses are very large and can easily accomodate 4 adults, a 5th if they do not mind sleeping on...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com