“Do not miss this!”

Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full service dessert restaurant featuring beer & chocolate dipped wines, and coffees.
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I wish I'd found this earlier in my trip, because I would have loved to try everything on the menu, especially after tasting it.
Beware.. they may just ruin dessert for you because nothing can live up to it after!
Get a reservation because place is pretty small and it does fill up fast.. we were lucky to get seated at the bar when we went, as we hadn't made a reservation.

1  Thank ma3joo2a

Reviewed 18 April 2012

The ambiance alone is worth the trip. Have dinner somewhere else, and go here for an after dinner cocktail and SHARE a dessert. Dark, sexy atmosphere with surperb service. It's hilarous just to watch people come in and read the rather "suggestive" menu by flashlight. Yes, a little pricey, but you can have a slice of key lime pie anytime! Splurge a little bit and enjoy the show!

1  Thank TripMember081320151
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This was our first time visiting Better Than Sex. What a great concept! The ambiance is romantic and the restaurant is very dark and decorated in red hues. We were given flashlights to read the menu which was a cute touch. My husband and I both enjoyed a tawny port served in a liquor glass dripping in dark chocolate...when the two mixed together...OMG! I had the Kinky Key Lime Pie which was a whipped, lighter than air creation with a dusting of crushed macadamia nuts and served with a spoon of caramel to drizzle over the pie....Oh Yeah! My husband had the chocolaty and gooey Jungle Fever. The portions are very generous, enough for a couple to share one dessert. I will definitely add this restaurant to my list of must returns when in Key West. Great place!

2  Thank Mari9
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Arrived at 10:30pm without a reservation on the recommendation of a store owner. The hostess said she had to check to see if she could fit us in. The place was 90% empty. She said we were in luck then sat us and gave us flashlights to read the menu. The desserts were ok, but nothing I couldn't get at a diner in NYC. The menu makes references to "rim jobs" quite often. I don't know if that's the image I want when ordering fudge.

2  Thank OzzyNY2203
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Went here for dessert after a very disappointing dinner at Blue Heaven. Did not have drinks, just dessert. I had the Key Lime pie, which was delicious. My husband had an apple dessert, also delicious. Interesting drink offerings, but there is only so much sugar I can have at once. The servings were huge. Interesting ambience. Very pleasant, helpful staff.