“Not sure it can claim to be Better than Sex but it's pretty dam good.”

Better Than Sex - A Dessert Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 459 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Full service dessert restaurant featuring beer & chocolate dipped wines, and coffees.
Reviewed 8 October 2012

If Samantha from Sex in the City designed a restaurant, this is it.

We saved going to this restaurant for our last night in Key West and was without a doubt a highlight of our trip. The restaurant is close enough to Duval Street but if you're driving down beware it can be hard to find a parking spot. We had to park on a meter and felt under the clock.
We managed to get a table without waiting too long and the host was very polite. We were given menus with a torch as the lighting is quite high on the seductive scale.
The drinks were great fun and lots of thought had been placed in them. We had a sparkling red wine with a rim dipped in white chocolate. The dessert we chose was the Cookie Nookie pie without doubt one of the greatest plates of food I have ever had.

This restaurant is fun and stylish and am would be a hit anywhere in the world.
Staff were extremely friendly and if this was in London we would go time and time again.

2  Thank AaronfromLondon
Write a ReviewReviews (3,627)

Reviewed 6 October 2012

We heard so much about this place and went with friends after dinner for dessert. They recommend reservations, but we were there during their not-so-busy season, so we were seated right away. The cabernet I ordered came with a glass that was dipped in decadant dark chocolate. My taste buds were overwhelmed by the amazing flavor combination. My husband and I shared the One Night Stand, the special of the night. It was "to die for". The decor was unique and sexy. A definite must for all visitors to Key West!

Reviewed 6 October 2012

We came here on our visit to Key West. I have heard SO much about this place and couldn't wait to bring my boyfriend!! We came in, and were seated immediately. Although, as soon as we walked in I was already prepared to leave. There was a guy and blonde girl at the seating station, and instead of being greeted properly, I got dirty looks from head to toe. Come on, really?

Anyway, we were seated again with an attitude, and thank goodness our waitress came along. I have forgotten what her name is, but she was absolutely fantastic. Very bubbly and on the ball.

I ordered the Red Velvet cheesecake, which i didn't enjoy at all, and my boyfriend luckily ordered 2 deserts just because he wanted to try as much as he could. So I ended up eating one of his. He had something to do with cookie dough, and a chocolate bowl thing, and they were just delicious!! Our wine as stunning and the chocolate dipped glasses were adorable.

I loved the overall experience except the two diva's that I guess are the host and hostess.

Would definitely come back!!

1  Thank SaltWaterGirl24
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Heard about this place from a friend and was so glad we went! A romantic place, for sure, starting with the ambiance right down to the food and drinks. We were seated in a quiet, secluded booth by a very pleasant host and our waitress appeared right away to get us started. So many awesome, decadent desserts and drinks to choose from that it took awhile to decide. Hubby and I each ordered a different dessert so we could share, and were we're not disappointed! Even their black coffee was outstanding, with some subtle secret flavoring. The service was great, and they did not rush us out. This was a great place to go for our 20th anniversary!

1  Thank Elliesue8
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Take offered few items and both were just okay.
The Kinky Key Lime Pie was enjoyed by those who don;t like alot of tartness. The Better than Sex was enjoyed by those who like mild chocolate. Eating in offers more exotic desserts.