“A Sanctuary in the Heart of Key West”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My wife and I, along with another couple just returned from Key West. We had never been there and booked the Pier House after the many recommendations I saw on this site. We couldn't have been more pleased! It is in a perfect location (right at the end of Duval), the staff was great, the rooms were wonderful (great view from water front suite), it has it's own beach/heated pool and the food/drink was awesome. It really is a sanctuary from the action on Duval. In fact, you would have never known that you were so close to action because of the peace and quiet. I would certainly recommend the Pier House to anyone heading down.

Room Tip: Get a water view room. A bit more money but definitely worth it to have a cup of coffee in the morn...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DKLAG
There are newer reviews for Pier House Resort & Spa

Reviewed 11 March 2012

My husband and I returned to Key West and we stayed in the corner Dockside suite for 3 nights. Having stayed at Ocean Key across the street before, we knew we liked the location at the end of Duvel Street, and thought we would try Pier House. We splurged on the dockside suite(room 807- first floor), as we really like just chilling on the deck, and watching the sunsets. The view was epic, you can see all the party boats cruise by at sunset, and watch all the action along the pier from your deck chair.The deck wrapped around 2 sides, with 2 loungers and 2 chairs and small table. Like another reviewer said, there is a large public area under these rooms, and there was a small crowd there for sunset. I would recommend getting a room on the second floor of the dockside building (6 rooms, 3 per floor) as it would be more private. The room itself was clean, very bright, if small. It was laid out in a way that the living room (with pull out) was in the front, with the bathroom between the living room and rear bedroom, in a sort of ' Jack and Jill' design. This room would work for 2 couples, or a family of 4.

The property itself is quite lager, but laid out well, so it feels casual. There several buildings, connected by pathways and filled in with lush gardens a water features. The pool is small, but open 24 hours, and there is a small private beach. The beach is groomed every morning (seaweed cleaned up), there is towel and lounge chair service, and a raft anchored in the swimming area. The beach is sheltered from the bay, so would be ok for smaller kids (but no life guard).

There are two bars on site; one very small, and full of locals, and another right by the beach. There is also a restaurant on site, that we ate at twice. The food was ok, nothing special. We were pleasant surprised with the Free Parking ( no valet service) and free, fast, Wi-FI.

Overall, this is a great resort in a perfect location. If you are going to come all this way to Key West I would splurge on a dockside suite and bask in the best sunsets you will ever see.

Room Tip: Dockside suites are large and sunny, second floor for privacy, and amazing sunsets. The views are be...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SunPrincess9000
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Just back from 7 nights in Key West our annual trip for the last 6 years,we have always stayed at the Pier House the last few years in a Harbor View room you get what you pay for. Everything was great from the front desk,beach,beach bar&grill,room,weather,what else could you want. I guess we will be back next Feb. Charles&Connie

2  Thank Charles B
KFountain, Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

So glad to have you two back year after year! Thanks for the great review. We'll see you next year!

Reviewed 6 March 2012

My wife and I had visited Key West on a cruise 8 years ago and always wanted to go back. After doing lots of research we decided on the Pier House and we couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel. The Pier House is located on the more lively end of Duval Street but we never found it to be loud or crowded. We had looked hard at Southernmost but that end of Duval was WAY too quiet and far away from the pier and action. Out room was well decorated and spacious. The small beach area was perfect and the bars and restaurants were right on the water. IMO Pier house has the perfect location, the carribean beach vibe and is the best overall package!

2  Thank GeoffM24
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I live in the area but had family visiting who wanted to spend one night in Key West. We stayed on a Wednesday night. The property is absolutely beautiful with tropically landscaped pathways throughout the resort. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The waterfall shower was incredible. The pool and beach are fantastic. The food was very good and reasonably priced. The staff were all very nice, especially Lee at the front desk. I look forward to staying here again and would highly recommend it for people traveling without children.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank keyscool
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We went here for a long wknd and loved this hotel. We stayed in the Caribbean Spa rooms which were a bit more expensive but worth it. They were away from the main hotel area near the spa so they were very quiet. The rooms were nice and large and had separate bathroom with small sitting area along with a TV. The location is amazing. You can just park your car in the parking lot ( free parking) and walk anywhere! The hotel has its own beach with a small bar/ restaurant which was wonderful and convenient. We didnt have a room with a balcony but the building our room was in had outdoor sitting areas and patios that were so quaint and comfortable. The front desk/ reception were very helpful and friendly. We loved this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank michygal05
KFountain, Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in our Caribbean Spa guest room. We find that like you, many love those rooms for the extra sitting area and very large bathroom. I'll make sure to share your kudos with our front desk and reception staff as well.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I was surprised with a stay here, and I'm so glad. The room was beautiful, clean, comfortable beds, and in an ideal location. Our room had a great view and a quaint sitting balcony. You can walk down Duval Street or to Mallory Square with ease. The beach is exceptional, esspecially for the keys. I know this because I live in Key Largo. The service I saw, my boyfriend did all the planning, was outstanding. There was even an attendant that set up our beach chairs for us, and for the tanning ladies, asked which angle to face the chair to the sun. Theres a bar/restaurant near the water and they will come take your order from your beach chair. *they make a fantastic bloody mary* The pool was a great temp and not to much chlorine. My boyfriend said it'd had better be this perfect for what he paid for it, so I guess it may have been expensive, I dont know.. I do know that now it's the only place I want to stay in Key West!!

3  Thank mkaye03
KFountain, Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We're happy to hear you had such an enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again soon!