With so many places to choose from in Key West, we chose this hotel because it was a suite hotel and we were traveling with out 2 boys, 17 & 14, and having the extra room with a sofa bed made the stay so much easier and cheaper then sharing a room with 2 beds and/or getting 2 rooms. Also, since it was a Sheraton, and being that it was our first time down to the Keys in 20 years, I knew it would be clean and accommodating.
Location: While you will need a car, take a cab or the shuttle bus to get to Front and Duval, the location is still very good. Right across from Smathers Beach, makes this a great place if you have kids with you. Smathers is the best beach on Key West, though that does not say much. As far as the beach part, it is really good, but the water is a bit dirty and swimming is not that great, but that is true for all of Key West. Cabs are $4.50 per person door to door anywhere in old town to the hotel.
Room: The room was clean and just what I expected from a recently renovated Sheraton.
Lobby/Pool: the lobby and pool were really nice, with a restaurant and outside pool.
Overall: I found this to be a great place with some character and just what a key west hotel should be. It is not a beach hotel, or a Caribbean style resort. It is a courtyard style place that offers a great rooms and atmosphere for a great price. Key West is not a Beach Resort town and the hotels represent that. I would recommend this Hotel for Families mostly. Couple may want to go to old town and stay in a bed and breakfast. TIP: Get the room rate with the included breakfast for 2...it is a big savings. If you have kids, alternate eating at the hotel and getting a bite at a local place. You can use the Breakfast vouchers all week and if you skip a day, you can use 4 on another day to pay for the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Key West and steps away from Smathers Beach, Sheraton Suites Key West is a beachside hotel that captures the true essence of tropical relaxation. Join in the nightly Sunset Celebration, lounge by the lagoon-style pool, or let us arrange for you to sample one of the many watersports available. After a day of friends, family or business, there is one more thing to savor: the warm island welcome of our Sheraton Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Suites Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Key West Hotel Key West
- Sheraton Hotel Key West
- Sheraton Key West
- Key West Sheraton
- Sheraton Suites Key West Florida