“Nice location but in need of update”
Review of The Paradise Inn

The Paradise Inn
Ranked #15 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 February 2012

The Paradise Inn is in a great location but it in need of updating.We stayed in suite 101, the furniture is just worn out along with being stained. There is nothing upbeat about this property.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank buckoErie
There are newer reviews for The Paradise Inn

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I was ready to give this place a glowing review. Too bad when we needed more than just the basics, they didn't come through. We had an issue in the bathroom, and we needed someone to be at the front desk until 11PM, like they said they would be--they left early. We needed the after hours "help" number posted in our room to be correct--it wasn't. When we finally found a number that worked, we needed nothing more than a wrench--we were told we'd have to wait until morning. In the morning, we needed a maintenance man who wanted to solve our problem--instead he was angry at having to help us, and made the problem worse. When we asked him to do the job right, he threw the wrench on the counter and told us to fix it ourselves! When I got home, I needed this place to respond to the phone call, and two e-mails I sent them--they didn't. I was hoping they'd reimburse me the $60 this incident cost me--silly me. They haven't even called to say they're sorry about all this. Except for very thin walls, this place is potentially very nice, but THEY NEED TO UNDERSTAND I SAW PLENTY OF OTHER PLACES IN THE SAME LOCATION THAT LOOKED JUST AS NICE. I'll try one of them next time--maybe they understand the value of treating guests the way they should be treated.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank megable
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This was the 3rd time we've stayed at the Paradise Inn. We stayed for a week. We love it and hope to return again. Conrad was very welcoming when we checked in. We requested the same room we've stayed in before close to the pool on the first floor. The room was very clean. The grounds are very tropical and well maintained. We enjoyed sitting on our porch right outside our room. It was also fun to sit by the pool. They have a nightly happy hour from 5-7pm. The Paradise Inn is one block off Duval Street. One of the big advantages is the parking. If you've ever stayed someone with no parking, you will definitely appreciate their parking lot. We also had fun talking with the other guests and Conrad who made suggestions on where to go or what to eat. It was a very relaxing experience. We look forward to going back again.

Room Tip: If you have trouble going up and down stairs, be sure to request a room on the first floor. This is...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank wannabeconch
Reviewed 2 February 2012

If you want Cozy and comfortable this is the place. Location to Duval is perfect and you have a quaint neighborhood bar (quiet) right across the street. Relax around the pool or spa, or hit Duval street for night life. The is is the perfect place.

Room Tip: No elevators, but other than that I think all rooms are probably good. We stayed 2nd floor and love...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed at this lovely Inn for 1 night. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was well equipped and spacious. The location was perfect for visiting the attractions. Key West is a very special place and we hope to return one day!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Our family has visited Key West each December for 12 years. We have always stayed at the Paradise and have had some wonderful times there as evidenced by the very favorable reviews I have previously posted. This year was the first time we were totally dissatisfied with our stay. Like another December visitor who recently reviewed, we found the staff at the front desk to be totally disinterested and unresponsive to requests. We found the housekeeping staff to be equally rude. The only way we could get decent, timely room service was to "bribe" them with advance tipping. The flooring in our bungalow was dingy. When a group of drunks (staying at the hotel) began partying and got into a fight on the private porch of our bungalow, the front office refused to respond, stating that the office was "closed after 11 and there is no one to help you." We are unsure of whether this decline in service and tidiness is due to a change of management or some other reason. Sadly, it appears that we will be forced to look for other accomodations for our next December trip.

Room Tip: We have always stayed in a bungalow for more privacy and space.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank doctordave76065
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I deliberately waited a few weeks before reviewing this property so that I would be more objective and less emotional. But alas, the passage of time has not changed a thing. I am simply sad about the changes that have happened to this property. It used to be a shining jewel in Key West because it was taken care of meticulously and the staff was wonderful to the guests. Then The Paradise Inn was sold and everything changed. I stayed there with my family in December around the Christmas holiday. The room charge was outrageous and this place is not worth it at all. The grounds are not as clean as they once were and the rooms are not as bright and shiny and need some TLC. This is all stuff that could be forgiven but what really irked me was how horribly rude and uncaring the staff was. Not just one person, but the two that I had contact with during our three day stay. How to describe them? Uncaring, bored, rude, unsmiling, cold jerks. How difficult would it have been for these staff members to be warm and helpful to the guests? I cannot understand why it is so difficulty for people to be kind to others. These people are in the hospitality industry but were better suited for the funeral business. Many tripadvisor reviewers have said the same thing and I cannot believe that the owner just doesn't seem to care that their establishment is being pulled down because of the employees. I guess they just don't care. So unfortunately I will never stay at The Paradise Inn again during my Key West vacations. Instead I will find a place where they are actually FRIENDLY!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family