2,988 results
All reviewssunset pierhot tin roofmallory squareliquid loungenoble housejunior suiteend of duval streetwatched the sunsetocean viewperfect locationwhirlpool tubcruise shippool staffoverlooking the waterpool areafrozen towelshotel restaurant
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Came during busy season and only stayed one night. Due to space we needed, the limited availability due to the season and the fact that we only were going to only stay one night, we splurged on a 1-bedroom suite. Best money we could have ever spent on Key West. The accommodations were excellent, the staff was so friendly and the location was amazing....an oasis right in the middle of everything there is to do in Old Town Key West. Would come back again, reserve with more lead time so we can stay moe days for less money.

Room Tip: Apparently the roosters make a lot of noise. Make sure to get a high room (4th or 5th floor) that faces away from Duval St or that faces the little part of Duval St that is on the water. We slept great....didn't hear traffic or roosters.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Oceankeyresortandspa, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Key Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and others! It sounds like you had a great time! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, friendly staff, and accommodations. We are constantly striving to provide the ultimate Key West experience for all of our guests, and we are delighted to hear that you would consider us for a future vacation stay! Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel has the best location in Key West. The first strip of hotels when you get to Key West are on a one way road that is surrounded by construction...no thanks! We were at the end of Duval Street where the sun sets and the cruise ships come in, so we had an amazing view. The room was clean and large. At first the hot tub in our room didn't work, so they moved us one floor down. The rooms on the top floor have large ceilings and better views. You have to use the valet for parking, which is good, but buy snacks and liquor outside of the hotel and don't use the minibar! We will definitely return to this hotel next trip! Very close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us! We are happy that you found so many aspects of your stay to be enjoyable, including our spacious rooms, valet parking, and convenient location. We strive to provide the ultimate experience for each and every one of our guests, and we are excited that you had such a wonderful experience and are considering returning. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again for your next Key West adventure!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We travel to Key West once a year for a getaway without the kids for a long weekend. In the past, we have stayed at highly rated Bed & Breakfasts, & really haven't been overly impressed with either we have tried (see prior reviews if interested). Last year, when going down to Mallory Square for the sunset, I saw Ocean Key & those rooms perched right out over Mallory Square with unobstructed sunset views; it seemed just perfect, so in 2012, we chose Ocean Key & picked an oceanfront deluxe guestroom just so we could get one of those rooms. First of all, let me say I'm so glad we did. You know those times when people tell you, "It doesn't matter about your room; you're only in there to sleep," well, this is not the case here -- not if part of your goal in coming to KW is to relax & soak in those sunsets. (If you just want to drink on Duval, then maybe it really doesn't matter.)

We did experience a problem upon check-in but I feel it was properly handled by the desk staff. We checked in at midnight on a Friday (due to plane delay) & as I said, the whole reason for us choosing Ocean Key was to stay in a deluxe oceanfront guestroom (300 square feet, jacuzzi in room, amazing view), but upon being walked to our room, I discovered it was an ocean view boutique suite (600 square feet, huge bathroom but no in-room jacuzzi, and most importantly, a mediocre view). I went down to the front desk & Sharon helped me. Their excuse for this was it was the same room "type" with the same cost, but I don't care about the semantics of all that. I booked this particular room in March & I deserve the room I booked, which is the whole reason we chose Ocean Key. She was matter-of-fact but efficient, but explained there was nothing they could do until tomorrow since the place was so full. I went back to the room a little disappointed with the answer I got, but a few minutes after returning to the room, she called and said we got a $100 credit for the mistake & we would be moved asap the next day. The next day, Shayla, helped ease us into the next room, and then I was VERY happy after that -- room 416 -- Perfect.

I'd like to address the roosters crowing. I think they're quirky and charming, but do you know why? Because we were on the 4th floor, closer to the ocean & away from the roosters, so they don't bother me when I am sleeping -- yet another reason to choose a nice room on the 4th or 5th floor.

Each night, we could watch the sunset celebration from our room, and BONUS, the holiday boat parade was when we were there so we got to watch the holiday lights adorn all those huge sailboats and yachts -- all of this without leaving our balcony. This room delivers what KY is all about. There are even manatees swimming right below the sunset pier; we could see those from the room too.

In sum, just check out my pictures. You'll love Ocean Key if you plan ahead & pick the right room. And, from now on, I'll call ahead and make sure just because I'm a late arrival, we don't get put in a room we did not select. But, we'll be back in 2013. You can't argue with that view perched right at the end of the world over the ocean.

Room Tip: The deluxe ocean front guestroom is the way to go if you want an elegant, quaint, romantic room with the best views in Key West, & jacuzzi in room to boot! It's worth the extra $$. And you won't hear the roosters crowing on the 4th or 5th floors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and others! We are absolutely delighted to hear that your stay with us was so wonderful! We are happy that you were able to enjoy the beautiful Key West sunsets from your room, and that you found our staff to be helpful and accommodating. We strive to provide the ultimate Key West experience for each and every guest, and we are excited to hear that you were not disappointed in your choice to stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again for your next Key West vacation!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We just returned from Key West. We've been going there for the past 14 years every year. We usually go down to the Sunset Pier and watch the sun go down as others do. Over the years the waitresses have been very friendly. This year stands out, as we had one of the best waitresses we've every had. We traveled with two other couples and they said the same thing. She was simply amazing. She made our trip even more enjoyable. Smiling, funny and prompt. After the first night we just asked for her when we went there. She's great. Her name was Paula. Thank you Paula.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and others! We are absolutely delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay, and that your great experiences with us keep you coming back year after year! We are also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our friendly staff again during your recent stay. We strive to provide the ultimate experience for each and every guest and we are delighted that you have been consistently pleased with your accommodations for so many years. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again next year for your annual trip to paradise!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Spent a long weekend here with my husband, leaving our three small children at home. Granted I have been very sleep deprived, but the beds was one of the best I've seen and the pillows were super comfy. Large space, large tub and separate clean shower. Had a partial view of the ocean/just off duval. It was ok, not spectacular, I'd upgrade o full view, but stay away from the Mallory Square side, I heard the roosters are loud over there. All the staff was very nice, pool was nice. Never crowded, bar staff starts cocktailing around 11:30. The drinks are pricy, but made with a little extra care, not dirty cheap. Very lean and quick chair turn around. Ate breakfast at hot tin roof. It was fine, nothing special. Nice view, but my coffee was cold. Boo. On one end of Duvall, nice location. Got a massage, again just ok. Oh the tv in the bed area is old with bad reception. There is a better tv in the suite living room area, but I rather watch tv in bed. That's the only real negative. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the roosters, seriously.
1  Thank Megraz

Thank you for submitting a review! We are excited that you were able to enjoy our comfortable bed and spacious room during your recent stay with us. We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves in order to provide the ultimate experience for each and every one of our guests. We genuinely value your feedback and will consider your comments as we strive to improve. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you back at Ocean Key for your next Key West vacation.