“Close Escape”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
“Close Escape”
Reviewed 13 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

I've been going to KW every year for about a decade and have learned that your home base for the week can be the difference between a good trip and a truly great trip. I've stayed all over the island but prefer to stay in a Truman annex condo. I enjoy being close to the action but quietly tucked away. The Place in Paradise condo is nestled within a cozy block in Truman that is a mix of vacay rentals and full-timers on the island. The place is cozy and has everything you need. The back deck is nice and secluded -- perfect for reading. The kitchen has everything you need and both bedrooms are as nice as you can expect. I'm a repeat customer of this rental company and only have nice things to say. Highly recommend.

Ca
Reviewed 17 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Cincinnati
Reviewed 23 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice location, comfortable townhouse, but needs a furniture upgr”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We have a family of 5 (including three boys: 19, 17 and 11). The location was great. We had a car, but really never used it. Instead, we rented bikes and used them a lot. The townhouse has a nice kitchen that served all of our needs. The air conditioning worked great, the TV in the front room was very nice, the wifi worked well, and the multiple bathrooms (2 upstairs and 1 downstairs) was a positive. Unfortunately, however, I can't give more than 3 stars due to the sleeping situation and old furniture downstairs. The townhouse represented sleeping accommodations for up to 6. With two Queens upstairs, we needed the use of the pull out downstairs. The pull out had a mattress that was incredibly thin with bars that made sleeping an impossibility. Our 11 year old was forced to sleep on the ground in a make shift bed. If this pull out is replaced, the star rating immediately increases to 4!

Management Response
18 Jul 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our home. We love that you enjoyed your visit and are dismayed that your son slept on the ground. Please note that most of our homes in Truman Annex have twin beds in the guest bedroom which might have worked better for your older sons, and would have padded the sofa mattress so your younger son could have slept more comfortably.

We will look at the sleeper mattress and see what can be done to make it more comfortable for sleeping.
“Location, location, location!”
Reviewed 6 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

That is my flipkey review title and the very best thing about this rental property in a great neighborhood! The awnings over the rear balcony & patio really extend the comfort and livability to include outdoor spaces with French doors open much of January & February. Having a covered parking area just outside the back gate made everything easier. The kitchen is adequate, the beds comfortable & the linens a bit better than expected. Early in our stay there were a couple of plumbing issues that were dealt with in a timely manner, as well as a malfunctioning door lock. There is a nice sized HD flat screen TV, but we had to pay extra for HD cable service during our stay. Originally there was only Ethernet DSL and we arrived with multiple wireless devices. Our agent discussed this with the owner & wireless Internet was installed - however, the speed was very slow and totally impractical with iPads, computers, etc. The living room furniture is worn, with some ripped cushions & sagging toward the center. For a short-term stay, probably not an issue.

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed 2 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Loved the location of the townhouse. It was within walking distance to shops, restaurants, museums and beach. The townhouse had all the amenities we needed and then some. All you need is your clothes and toothbrush. The neighborhood is quiet and safe, but close enough to everything by foot or bicycle.

MIMarineM...
Michigan
“Our new favorite!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012
person found this review helpful

We have been traveling to Key West for 12 years and have stayed at different condos in the Truman Annex for the last 6 and A Place in Paradise is our new favorite.

The condo has a well equipt kitchen for all your cooking (and cocktail) needs and the linens are of a much higher quality than we've had in other rentals. As with all condos in the Truman Annex, the location is a perfect place to see the island but a quiet place to sleep, away from the noise of Duval St. As with past rentals, At Home in Key West is a great company to deal with and will go out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Great value for the area and amenities.
Liked least: Would have preferred at least one king size bed.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;