We just returned from 4 nights in Heron House.
Our room was enormous and very beautiful and clean, on the 2nd floor, overlooking the pool. Fridge, sink, counter, 2 love seats, big king bed, nice sized bathroom, desk, great fast wifi, small balcony with 2 chairs and a small table. Saw not one bug, not one dirty sheet, nothing weird. Water power in the shower was a bit weak and the hot seemed to give out in due time. No big surprise in this style of house, in Key West. Still was able to enjoy a nice shower; not a big negative at all.
Tasty hot breakfast with something different daily. Wonderful big breezeway where you could enjoy breakfast basically outdoors even when raining. Lovely grounds, very quiet, great location 1 block from Duval.
The staff aren't brimming over with warmth but they aren't rude, either, Just sort of businesslike and not chatty at all. But we didn't go there to meet hotel staff anyway.
Guests were couples, 40, 50, 60. (We are a 55-ish couple). No kids were there. I loved the no cell phone rule in all public areas. Also liked the woo-woo zen music playing at the pool. Overall a very pleasant experience. We are going back in about 6 weeks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private Retreat situated in the heart of Old Town; 1 block from Duval Street & 4 blocks from Hemingway House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heron House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heron House Hotel Key West
- Heron House Key West, Florida