“Pretty and comfortable.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Key West Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We got off to a rocky start the first morning of our stay here, when the occupants of the next room got up at 5 AM and their loud voices carried right through the wall. Otherwise this is a charming place, attractively decorated, with a friendly, helpful staff and convenient location. We enjoyed having breakfast in the garden, soaking in the hot tub, and relaxing on the porches, when we weren't out and about taking in the sights of Key West.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I recently stayed in this lovely B&B for a week. The staff was wonderful and friendly. The rooms and common areas were kept immaculate and comfy. The hot tub/pool was great, I definately felt comfortable hanging out in one of the many common areas (comfy chair on one baclony, hammock on another, adirondaks overlooking the street, tables on the back porch). The gardens are lovely and well kept and the breakfast was delicous every morning. We were invited to use the fridge for our lunch fixings/left overs. Every detail was attended to: they have sunblock if you forget yours, beach chairs, bikes for rent, books and board games, a guitar that my husband played and on and on...

The location of this B&B is perfect, we were blocks away from our favorite restaraunts on the pier and were able to take a nice morning walk along the docks. (you have to try cuban coffee queen) Our favorite two beaches were Fort Zachery Tayler state park (1.5 miles one way) and South Beach (1 mile one way). My husband and I are walkers and found a daytime walk to both beaches totally enjoyable, but you could easily rent a bike and be there in no time. We liked being closer to the docks as that was where we ended our nights at the wonderful bars and restaraunts there. (the seafood shop one block away will make you the best grouper sandwich you ever had in your life!)

We stayed in one of the 4 rooms that share 2 bathrooms, this never presented a problem, I was able to shower and use the restroom whenever I wanted without waiting. I can't recommend this place enough, it really made our trip!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Krystal K
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Lovely little b&b! The staff was so nice and helpful incl. really good tips what you can do in Key West. We did almost all of them and they were super. The room was clean, big and quiet. Breakfast was very nice, a lot and very tasty. Location perfect, only 5 min. from everything interesting. I can recommend it and we will definitely come back!

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank MightyChik
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My stay last December was my third time at The Popular House. I, like others, was a little apprehensive at first about sharing a bathroom with a couple of rooms on the second floor. Turns out it's not a problem at all. I've never had a long wait and the two shared bathrooms are quite large. In particular, I love the "vibe" at Popular House. It's very laid back, colorful, and with many nooks and crannies to have a breakfast, read a book, or take a nap. The rates are very reasonable and the staff is attentive. In short, this is a great place to call "home" when you're traveling to Key West.

Room Tip: We like any of the rooms on the second floor. They are a little less expensive because of the share...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I was in Key West my best friend's wedding. I had a single room for $89/night...you can't find a CLEAN room or a place with this much charm on Key West for $89/night. Having a) worked in the Hotel industry and b) never stayed in a B&B before, I was a little nervous. These reviews certainly helped. The street is quiet and clean. Upon walking up the steps, Goo greeted me and I fell in love; he even sat down at my feet when I was "checking-in". Liz took me on a tour of the house and I was blown away by the colors and its charm. I want that kitchen in my house!...I want the house as my house! I stayed in the Pink room; perfect for a couple or solo traveler. I too shared a bathroom (and was nervous) but they were clean and I hardly had to wait. The location was great! I recommend staying on the West side of the Island because it's where the action is. AC worked great and I didnt miss TV. Breakfast each morning was wonderful. While I didn't totally buy into the "Key West Vibe" I would go back just to stay here. Everyone on the island knows about it and for good reason.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank mjtuowls08
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Well I thought this place was just terrific so I'll try not to wax on too much about it. First the location is just great.. slightly quieter and in a more authentic neighborhood but still very close those busier areas.. and by close I mean blocks. The place itself is just unbelievably gorgeous. I mean I felt like I was in a glossy picture.. yet at the same time you still feel at home. I am seriously considering sending a check for a hundred dollars because I still can't escape the feeling I was undercharged.
I like what someone said about mutual respect.. They trust you with their beautiful place and I think guess who respect that do best here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wind c
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Six of us went to Key West to mett up with several other friends who were there at the same time. Popular House is centrally located. It was convenient to walk to the east or the west side of the island. The staff was knowledgeable, accomodating and experienced. Every need was met. The room assignments were perfect. Some of us had a shared bath while some had a bath in the room. The shared bath down the hall arrnagement was never a problem. None of us ever had to wait for an open facility.
The myriad of lounges, alcoves, balconys and terraces meant that you could either hook up for a cup of tea with others, or find a quiet corner to read or nap in a hammock.
This was my first visit to the Key West, and it won't be my last. If and when I get the opportunity again, Popular House will see me again!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room. The front of the house on the second floor has a full size balcony that ov...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends