“beautiful house great location”

Review of Duval Penthouse

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
“Nice but noisy”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

This place had a lot of things going for it. It is a large and spacious place that was plenty of room for the 5 of us. Pretty well appointed as far as cooking, W/D etc and the location - if you want to be right in the heat of the battle of Duval St is great for the most part.
However, there is Willy T's right next door- and I mean spitting distance away- and that place really put a damper on our time as the place was ridiculously loud with loud music that started around noon every day and was supposed to stop at 12:30 PM - ya right! It was so bad that I had to 'try' and sleep with noise cancellation head phones on which is not what I had in mind. And then they started a leaf blower up at 7:00 am one morning that ran for an hour while the guy was literally blowing leaves off the roof of Willy's!!
On the bright side, if you're not opposed to the noise level and you're looking for a great place and location where you can walk to anything in Old Town than I highly suggest this place. Has a little wading pool that is great for chilling out and a great balcony that overlooks Duval St and is great for people watching.

las vegas
Reviewed January 24, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Check-in / front desk
TN
Reviewed January 2, 2013 for a stay in December 2012

“Great time in Key West”
Reviewed July 4, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

House is perfectly located grocery store across the street walgreens next door pirates scooter rental block n half away just a great location all around whole family enjoyed the pool owner was there our first day with suggestions and offered up some wine and pool tous for my girls cant say enough good things about our stay

Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2012 for a stay in May 2012

NC
Reviewed February 29, 2012 for a stay in February 2012

“Nice but really loud”
Reviewed January 3, 2012 for a stay in December 2011

We read the reviews and no one told us that the place is right next door to Willie T's, An outdoor bar with some of Key West's worst musicians. What they lose in pitch, they make up in volume. For our entire stay we were treated to horrible solo acts in the afternoons between 1 and 5 that were loud enough to overpower headsets on IPods on the deck. Every evening the show starts around 7 tor 8 and does not stop until 12am. If you are coming to party it is no big deal, but as mush as we enjoyed the nightlife it is a bit annoying when you have to leave your house every night or listen to that crap. Be clear, the master bedroom that is as nice as the pictures, shares a wall with the bar and the speakers are pointed right at it making it unusable between 1pm and 12am. There is virtually no wifi internet because you can't get on it. The woman from AHKW said that because there is no password to the wifi, everyone on Duval and at the bar can use it! This is stupid and unsafe. We informed the owner and AHKW on Monday about the wifi and that the outside lights for the stairs did not work. The owner said an electrician would fix it, but they never worked the entire stay.
On the positive side, the finished fixtures are top of the line. The best thing about this place was the private roof deck which was great for sunning, the pictures do not do this justice. The kitchen was gourmet and we loved using it, but it is time for some new pots and pans.

I would make clear that I think this place is a great choice if you are not bothered by being right next door to a really loud bar. If you find this a problem, don't stay here. I wish one of the flip key or trip advisor reviewers would have told me about the proximity to Willie T's before I shelled out over $7k so I will do it for all to do with as they wish.

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing