“All I expected and more!”
Review of SUP Key West

SUP Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Stand up Paddleboard Eco-tours and lessons. Paddle through the amazing waters of Key West as well as the Magical Mangrove Forest!! Experience the water in a way unlike any other!! Learn about the environment and eco-system that surrounds our island!! Come enjoy the Florida Keys with SUP Key West.
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Two of us originally planned to do this and at the last minute we added a third person. No problem. Megan came and picked us up from our Guest House right on time. She had hurt her knee so was unable to take us out, but had Chris take us. He was a delight. The three of us were standing up and paddling within minutes. We are 63, 60 and 48 year old women. It is strenuous and a work out, but we had no trouble doing it.

Going into the mangroves is like entering another world. Chris was very knowledgeable and patient. We were never rushed and he answered all of our questions thoroughly. He pointed out many, many things that we probably would have missed without him.

After our tour we headed down a canal where Megan picked us up. She then took us back to our Guest House. I would do this again tomorrow, if I could. Next time I'm in Key West I will certainly book this tour again!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Based on the TripAdvisor reviews, I signed our family up for this adventure\. We are so happy we did it---it was the highlight of our trip, and we all were able to stand up on the board. It was fun and gave us some exercise and a different view of those who live along the coast in Key West. We would certainly recommend it as a great activity. Going through the mangroves "monkey style" is a wonderful memory we'll always treasure. Highly recommend! I would note that tall/large/heavy people had a harder time getting up on the board---but made themselves comfortable sitting on the board. The staff made everyone feel very comfortable with what ever pace you chose.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

If you have any interest in learning to do Stand Up Paddleboard do not even hesitate to contact Megan. She picked me up at cruise port and because I was the only reservation I received a private lesson for the price of a group lesson. She called me while I was on the ship to advise me the wind had picked up and we could not go out into the ocean for the full day tour so I could cancel if I wished or take the half day tour through the mangroves. I'm so glad I did not cancel.

The instruction is very good--simple and easy to understand. The paddleboards are easy to control and once you understand how to get upright it is very, very easy. The tour takes you through the mangroves with a wonderful naturalist giving information and out into one of the canals where Megan picks you up. She will return you back to the ship or anywhere in Key West you wish to be dropped off.

I strongly recommend this tour. It is not "touristy", you are not rushed through it like most of the ship's tours, you really learn something and get to see a very special part of Florida close up.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

We had a blast on this paddle board tour! 2 adults and 4 teenagers of varying abilities and confidence had no trouble navigating the boards in windy conditions and through tight mangrove passages. Combined sitting, kneeling, and standing techniques during the 2 hour trip. Learned a lot about the area and the mangrove ecosystem. Beautiful scenery, great tour guide, and a friendly, well-run company. Highly recommend this tour and SUP Key West!

Reviewed 13 March 2012

If you want to try stand up paddling, SUP Key West is the place to go. They gave us (2 beginners) a lesson and took us on a fun and beautiful paddle through the mangroves and canals. The guides were so friendly and helpful with the techniques, and also very knowledgeable and full of info about the flora and fauna we saw along the way. Highly recommend SUP Key West.

1  Thank LauraF684